WIP Nursey

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nap, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Guys ,
    Catching up on my posts so here we have the next in line for me its a nursing Superintending sister of the QARNNS (Queen Alexandra's Royal Naval Nursing Service) in WW2

It has been sculpted by my good and long suffering friend Jim Evans over a UP Miniaturen female torso (thanks mate) , from a suggestion by yours truely . Very much a one off and one I am pleased to have on my bench ..others will follow .

She is cleaned up and base coated in Acrylics (mix of GW and Vallejo colours) .

Thanks again

Nap

Attached Files:

2. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Jim done a great job on creating this piece mate and i think with your painting it will be an attractive piece and very original. There definitely seems to be a move toward more female busts this last year which is promising.

Steve(y)
    gordy likes this.
  3. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Guys ,
    Here is some updated pictures of the Nurse I have nearly finished , its a sculpt from Jimbo using a UP miniaturen female torso , she will depict a Superintending Sister of the RNNS in WW2 .

Still to put a crown on the back of the headdress and put her rank on the tab on the left (as you look at it) side of her tippett or cape , then the NMM belt plate !!!

Next will come the base , thinking about something with the redcross on it ...

All comments welcome

Nap

Attached Files:

John Bowery and Jamie Stokes like this.