1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Now for something completely different, at least for me.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jeff, May 19, 2011.

1. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    So I have been looking for a project that would serve to sharpen my skills and break me out of a bit of a slump and rut. I was looking at all sorts of projects and came across this figue at a local shop. 54mm Space Marine. He fit the bill. It will in some ways be like model building and figure painting combined, and I liked that. The figure is form a Games Workshop game called "Inquisitor". Since I do not play 40k I felt like this could be a project that could be a lot of fun. So here is a photo of the basic figure The first picture is of a stock painted Marine I found on the net, and the next few are my first attempts to repose him. This is the first round and may change. Most of the change came from just rotating his torso and re aiming his gun. It makes him more off balance. as if he is charging out of cover rather then head long straight at you. This way he is leading with his ranged weapon. He is really heavy and needs to pined to a much more solid working base.

Attached Files:

2. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    It a great figure by Mr Goodwin.
  3. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    Is that who did the painted one, or is he the person who sculpted it? I did not see a credit for the figure on the site I found that photo on. I was just looking for something that showed it in its standard pose. I am all for giving credit where it is due.
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jeff, too bad I didn't know this would be the figure to get you out of your slump as I have one I am looking to off load and I am sure we could have worked something out;)

Matt
  5. outrunthedogs Member

United-States
    I like the change in pose, looking forward to seeing him painted.
  6. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    I need to buy some books on painting tanks and the like so that I can try some of that stuff out on his armor. I would like to get a second one of these guys to do major mods to so send me a PM and let me know how much you would let yours go for Matt.