1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Now available from MASTERBOX, Napoleon's Red Lancer

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Zastrow.cuirassier, Mar 15, 2014.

1. TADATSUGU Guest

Well spotted Graham.
    Yes, the parade halter was lined with red cloth . The lining is not however always shown in some illustrations and sometimes not shown on the strap that goes over the top of the nose, even when present on the other straps. Does anyone know if these linings were removeable? Or was a less ornate version used when not on parade etc?
  2. JonP PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I'll have a couple of these available on the Sphere stand at the BMSS show on Saturday if anyone fancies a closer look.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy

Only some point... The trooper had only one halter. Both for parade or normal use. The lining is more present on the guard rgt and not for lone rgt.
    In any case isn't a mistake have a guard trooper without it, he can have his halter damaged and changed.

There're many documents available and it's important to select the best. Not all the illustrator did a good job. Some are better than other because they searched in the archive ( Rigo and Rousselot are considered like a bible)
  4. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi, David,
    Excellent posts, and taken on board by me--I really should not skim over details before I look properly. One gets so used to seeing various illustrations of the same subject, and it's all too easy to become blase' about what one thinks one sees. It is a good figure, if somewhat small, but makes a charming vignette with the lass gazing up at the rider.
    Sorry to have been so long in replying--still getting used to the layout of the website!
    Cheers
  5. altezeit New Member

Hi
    I am a newby on here .Tust to say thanks for posting this series up .A real revelation .I now have both the hussar and lancer on order and looking forward to the curarassier.I paint Zinnfiguren for my sins and also sculpt small figures ,mainly civilians for railways but was looking for a 54mm/1/32 subject to paint so these for the bill exactly .
    cheers
    Martin
  6. Akritis Active Member

Greece
    I like the girl ......she is the best part of the kit.