1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

November news, Historicart miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by HistoricArt miniatures, Nov 23, 2011.

1. templar magister Active Member

Greece
    The paratrooper is superb!!It is a must have!!(y)(y)(y)(y)
  2. HistoricArt miniatures Active Member

Spain
    The figures are made in resin, and they will be available in the website next week.
    Thank you (y)
    housecarl likes this.
  3. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello everybody,
    As I’m the sculptor who made Odin’s figure I’d like to add some words here. Soon I’ll hang a thread with the work-in-progress to show you (as I use to) the way I saw this theme. Maybe you are going to have some good surprises and your opinions about this figure will improve. We could chat there about the “making of“, your comments are welcome as always. After all, this world of miniatures has two main points of view: the sculptor's vision and the interpretations of the painters and I can defend just my work so I shouldn’t accuse any interpretation :). I think the great success is achieved when these two match as much as possible. God (Odin) bless you all!
  4. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    The Paratrooper - what a piece of art! The composition, sculpting is brilliant. I look at it and it seems like the time slows down a bit.
    Of course I cannot leave the painting without a word. It is topnotch paintjob in my eyes. The colour harmony and execution is among the best painters of the world.

Definately on my wish list for Christmas.
  5. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    looking forward to getting my hands on the Para....I just found the photo he's based on and this interpretation is quite simply superb. The sculpting is second to none. And the painting is very evocotive and well done too!
  6. Wigdog Active Member

United-States
    Rob,

Could you post where the photo is that you referred to? I'd love to see it.

Thanks! Dave
  7. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
  8. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    best resolution pic I've found online......I've a really good version in a book i've got that's A4

[IMG]
    Wigdog likes this.
  9. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Two fantastic new releases Jesus, the Para is my favourite.

Cheers David
  10. combatartist Active Member

United-States
    Me too! Think my wife is starting to question how old I am..."how many toy soldiers do you need?" she asks foolishly!
    Wigdog likes this.
  11. Wigdog Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Rob for the picture!
  12. Falo Member

Spain
    I have one paratrooper in my hands. A good resin, only 5 pieces for the figure and 4 for the scenary, no bubbles, a wonderful sculpting, and the original figure paint is better than the boxart photo.
    Congratulations Jesús
  13. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I'm pleased to say that I'm going to be selling the range in the UK, I've ordered a number from Jesus and looking forward to seeing them.

If anyone wants to reserve any then drop me a line at info@fireflymodels.co.uk

Kind regards

Darren
    Wigdog likes this.
  14. raty Member

United-States
    hi i really love your 1944 figure!! nice one!! ok take care raty.(y)(y)
  15. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I'm pleased to add the Historic Art 70mm range to the Firefly Models site, I've listed them on the site now and expect to take delivery within the next week with dispatch of any orders received before Christmas.

In the New Year I will be adding all the ranges to the site.
  16. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    sorry but what scale is this??
  17. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The Normandy figure is 70mm

Tommi
  18. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Just purchased this from Firefly (magnificent service & value). It's not my scale but it's too good to miss so strike while the irons hot!!

Edit.................can anyone recommend any figures that would go with it for a small diorama maybe?
  19. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Beat me to the last one Dave.;)
    Carl.
  20. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ahhhh sorry mate, I'm sure Darren will stock up soon though mate.

Happy New Year!