1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Novedades Andrea Miniaturas

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Pedro Molina, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Einion Well-Known Member

Even more creativity in those areas would be nice! There are literally dozens and dozens of subjects that have never been tackled.

But the point made previously is probably valid, up to a point producers will decide what'll sell based on sales figures and produce accordingly. Some people will like the output and some won't, that's life.

Agree with you mostly but you lost me at the end there - that sounds suspiciously like a No True Scotsman argument. Figure aficionados are as varied as the stuff they like to buy.

(y)

Achem, whether or not the same old people are the ones making critical comments is neither here nor there, maybe they're just as entitled to their opinion (and as entitled to state it) as the members who like everything? ;)

Einion
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    At the end of the day we're all free to vote with our wallets.
    You can please some of them some of the time, you can't please them all, all of the time.
    Some people are only happy when they're moaning,
    Carl.
  3. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    I am not saying you shouldn't criticise stuff but at least be constructive.
    And it always seems to be the same old opinonated people that post these comments. Maybe more time should be spent away from your keyboard turning your "grey" army into a colourful one..

Happy Christmas :)

Ian[/QUOTE]

The point made is very valid. But it is hurtful the last sentence. Whether you are referring to a party which unfortunately includes me, I wouldn't be able to find out. Yes I comment more than I lay my hands on a primed kit. And yes I used to be candid but quit that and virtually only pay compliments on Planet these days.

I will get to my kits in my own time, at my own pace. It doesnt help I am a fresh grad in the face of a post-crisis financial environment. Simply too busy starting out a life and feeling secure before the hobby can be enjoyed. But if this above is supposed to be a gentle reminder that those who dont frequently paint should limit their comments to the same low frequency, I dont know how to take that.

It's not like we get paid to comment. It's not like we get laid by doing that either. Yes it feels neat to be potentially heard and agreed. Maybe it would be wise of me (if I were being referred to above) to just shut up completely on Planet?

And even if I wasn't being referred to at all (I do fall into that category of people so this really doesnt matter), is it so terribly wrong for nay-sayers to express frustrations? Tons of money can go into an artistically intended film before critics and audience sink it with hostile opinions in languages much more liberal than seen on Planet. Avatar wasn't treated kindly on the internet before its release.
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Priceless quote! ;) There's no price of admission for commentary, anyone saying contrary let me know -
  5. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Like these poses, the Viking is a little much used in terms of pose and the hands could do with reworking.Over all nice.
  6. Pedro Molina A Fixture

Spain
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

• -000.jpg
      -000.jpg
      File size:
      181.5 KB
      Views:
    • -001.jpg
      -001.jpg
      File size:
      177.9 KB
      Views:
    Rychwa likes this.
  7. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    The roman reminds me Lucio Voreno from the TV...
  8. fmargem Active Member

Brazil
    I love the Centurion. Although static, the figure has a mood, a tired look. Well, I like it! The viking really need a new set of hands though.

Remember, THE MARKET RULES. . . unfortunatelly :(
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    The Centurion looks good, although personally, I'd prefer to see it in 90mm to go alongside Andrea's excellent Aquilifer. I don't mind the static pose at all. Importantly, he looks like an old veteran soldier.

The figure does bare a strong resemblence to Kevin McKidd who played Centurion Lucius Vorenus in the "Rome" mini-series.
  10. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    OK, for starters, is it just me? Or is Andrea Miniatures the "flagship" for getting pounded here on pF? I mean, it seems that they are consistently dug into here. Yes, there are some other manufactures raked over the coals from time to time but is it EVERY month like Andrea? True, we all have our points and opinions. But are we as consistent with our critiques of other manufactures as we are with Andrea? Maybe, but it sure doesn't seem like it.

I'm not running off and trying to shield Andrea from any critisim from the members here (Lord knows, at times it's warranted!). It's just that we tend to forget a few things from time to time. ie....

"another static roman...boring....how about an action pose?"

How about browsing Andrea's EXTENSIVE catalog? See the "Barbarians" vignette? Can you get any more action than that? Don't want to paint them all? Break them up into several single figures.....

I'm trying to say that before we say "can we get a figure from this nationality/ histoorical era?", can we take a look at a companies product line? Chances are, with a company like Andrea, it's already been released.

And if a new release, such as Andrea at times, deserves to be raked over the coals? Then by all means do so. Just don't forget to be as even handed from one company to another. Some of us, clearly, do not like Andrea no matter what is released. If this applies to you, then please, for the sake of us all, refrain from reposting the same comments every single month. Not a demand, just a request.

Finally, I have to say I'm all in with Taesung's comment. Instead of talking about what we wish a figure was (especially in the NEW RELEASE SECTION!), can we just start a seperate thread and leave the discussion to a figure's merits?

Just a thought......

Jim Patrick
    sirhogr likes this.
  11. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    simply one word
    BORING
    al seen before
  12. fmargem Active Member

Brazil
    Oh no! Another one to say it´s boring! Are you kidding me? Haven´t you read the other posts??

Jim, I agree with you! Too much to say where there´s nothing much to be said!

Have you people ever checked Andrea´s fantasy section?

Cheers!
  13. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Here's a photo.

Attached Files:

14. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    no offending or bashing of an special brand is intention of this.-but i stay at my oppinion.they are surely nice sculpted and painted to an level i can not get too
    neverless they are nothing new nor is the pose-which is of course due too the issue that the msut be recasted as comercial items.
    the barbarian vignette which was mentioned here by an gentleman is terrible in all aspects.the german warrior is completly inaccurate in regards to weapon an clothing as are the romans which do show an mix of armour not in use at the date intended.and the pose is so hollywood style with the halfnaked germanic grapping the small roman shrimp....here i like the pegaso arminus vignette much better.or the Soldiers vignettes with Siegfried
    this andrea vignette alone stands for the many releases of them wich are completly historic inaccurate.thats the main critic i have.too much bad reserached main stream stuff.while others like pegaso or soldiers making it better.
    i think there is no bashing on Andrea.but one is bored when one sees the next roman standart bearer -centurio ect released in the same pose again and again....why not doing an etruscian or sumerian or egyptian or hun or avaric or magiar or goth or vandal or assyrian ect ect those are very thin on the market
    spare us this crusaders and the other stuff released for the dozends of times.and all with red crosses on white.why do they not on of this crusaders from the bulk of the armies.
    yes i know companies must think in terms to sales on the market,so one will see the main themes again and again
    therefore i envy the people which can sculpt themselves.
  15. Pedro Molina A Fixture

Spain