1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Novedades Andrea Miniaturas

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Pedro Molina, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Pedro Molina A Fixture

Spain
    Escala: 54mm

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

flart1943, rheath, pmfs and 4 others like this.
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Are both figures 54mm?
    Do you have an item number so members can order these?
  3. Glen Active Member

United-States
    At this writing, they don't appear on the Andrea website. At least, not that I can find. I think they're both 54mm. If not, the Viking(?) really needs to have those fingers reworked...
  4. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ankles look a bit on the thin side to me!

Tommi
  5. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I do like the second figure , is it a Viking or a Saxon Housecarl ? This could be on to buy list for 2011.
    chippy
  6. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Like the first figure,the second looks almost the same as one released by Romeo.

Cheers David
  7. Harry New Member

Netherlands
    The first one is a model of the character played by Kevin McKidd in the "Rome" TV series isn't it?
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Not a lot of difference, other than scale.
    Carl.

Attached Files:

9. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for sharing Pedro (y)
  10. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I really like the Saxon (?) and have already come up with an idea for it.
  11. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I really like both figures but I think Andrea may be a bit behind on what people want in these figures. The action poses and movement are what is drawing new customers to these smaller more innovative companies. Nice work Andrea but somebody(s) are beating you in this game.
  12. Trep Active Member

United-States
    both are very nice figures
  13. Knill22 Member

United-States
  14. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    There goes the well built anticipation. Great Roman. Great Viking. Yawn.
  15. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Boring.................It's all been done before, surely there are other areas of history where some creativity could be applied, other than Romans, Vikings and Knights?

Keith
  16. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Well, quite true, BUT...

If you were a figure company and had hundreds - if not a couple of thousands - of your dollars/euros/pounds to put toward a new figure, where would you put it? That is, after doing the research that indicated a return on your initial investment, plus profit, and all in a reasonable amount of time.

Just sayin'...
  17. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    This is very true. And I can easily put myself in Andrea's shoes. Real easily. Young Miniatures doing German busts. Andrea doing this. I guess we should be thankful enough for the consistency in high standards from these makers (ok not referring to Andrea's casting).

Then again it is mind-baffling. For example my 'Andrea Budget' has always been devoted to the pin-up series and virtually nothing else. But it would appear that I am not a very representative customer to Andrea. I guess it is a blessing more are obsessed with Romans and Vikings than with girls in this hobby.

And very personally, as long as Young Miniatures start churning out more Soviets for me, and hopefully some goodies depicting lesser known armies, I would honestly be too happy to complain about issues going on anywhere else (It was suggested this wouldn't be before long)
  18. joegabo Member

Canada

Hello,

Find me something that has not been done before lol.

"If we close our eyes everything looks the same"

Perhaps I am wrong but is Andrea not one of the most diverse companies out there? They even have a small Asterix line, (dont they even have a first man on the moon sculpt? Giant ship yards, whole trains, and stage coaches?) if that is not different enough for you I do not know what is. However if you want them to release stuff like that all the time you are just another person that wants to see them fail due to some personal issue. Andrea have a huge catalogue and a lot of stuff you see no where else, I just bought the Quadriga roman racing chariot and am really looking forward to getting it. The next one I am hunting for is the the Don Quixote and Sancho (and I think Andrea have the market cornered on that one hehe. Mind you I could be wrong as I often am.)

Sure, like many of you I dont like everything, and that is a good thing as my pockets are emptied quite regularly as it is with more then enough awe inspiring pieces. (to me)

To be honest I feel creativity is more for fantasy as accuracy is more for historic (even though history has more than one side, and can be very inacurate and incompleat) when you get creative with historic subjects in any other way then pose "historians" just tell you they are wrong, as if they know a gladiator never had a pelt like that.(I know because I was there and so and so said so, therefore that is how it was...) hehe (my uniforms are never the "correct" shade hehe)

Keep it coming Andrea, the nice thing is if I dont like this months releases (nice but not something I would buy anyway unless my money tree starts growing 50's and 100's) there is always next month. (or last month, or a release from years ago) 8) :)

Hehe sorry longer post then I expected. 8)

Take care,
    Joe
  19. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Old subjects in static poses...?
    Depends on who's reading this, but this statement itself is getting old and boring. ;)

Some companies make action posed figures in less popular subjects,
    then let other companies make relaxed posed figures in popular subjects.
    Each company and sculptor got their own style and direction just like a modeler
    would in his work.

When a company announce a new figure, let's critique what the figure is instead
    of what it is not. Let's talk about the style, sculpting, details, accuracy, anatomy, etc.
    on the presented figure as true figure aficionados would.
    Jim Patrick likes this.
  20. Hecky_uk Active Member

You are so right Taesung

I noticed when we were producing figures wxactly what you say. You put a lot into releasing a new figure and someone always jumps in wouldn't it be better done this way or that. Almost as disappointing as no comments at all, though that complaint should be directed towards another forum.

If you really want a figure that hasn't been produced get your milliput out !

I am not saying you shouldn't criticise stuff but at least be constructive.
    And it always seems to be the same old opinonated people that post these comments. Maybe more time should be spent away from your keyboard turning your "grey" army into a colourful one..

Happy Christmas :)

Ian
    housecarl likes this.