1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Not all Indians

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Bluesking, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Just to show it's not all Indians!

Attached Files:

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Now that is great too. I would like to know more about their mounted kits as there are several I would like to order.
  3. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Another shot, the cobblestones are split peas painted a to suit.

Attached Files:

4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    That's beautiful! Great painting - I envy your technique! I'm glad you had a good experience building and painting the kit.

My own experience with two Fonderie 90mm WWI kits was less than great. I bought their French 1914 90mm and their US 1917 90mm. The Frenchman had so much flash and mistakes in fitting I had to file and sand, file and sand and still ended up putting on a great deal of putty to make it look decent. The sculpting wasn't bad, just the molding.

On the other hand, the US 1917 soldier - BOTH the sculpting (particularly the face) and the molding were poor. I tried substituting another head and re-working it, using putty, etc. I gave up in frustration and "parted-it-out".

all the best,
    Dan
  5. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Beautifully done, Stephen!

I can see that your mojo's still working. ;)

Q.