1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Northumbrian Warrior

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Yarok, May 5, 2006.

1. Yarok New Member

Here's Latorre Models' famous Northumbrian Warrior in 54mm. I had to replace the two spears that broke during cleanup with a single one made from scratch, otherwise the model is straight from the box.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Painted with acrylics, metal parts simply burnished and coated with Tamiya Smoke.

Comments are welcome!

Cheers,

Patrick
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Patrick,
    he looks good! I particularly like the shield.

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
    i agree looks good :)

but for my is too bright ;)

great work
  4. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I think you did an excelent job on this figure, the flesh tones are good, the weathering etc. looks "real", all in all a figure to be proud of.
  5. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Superb, nice painting, nice groundwork and I like the idea of the beard. Bravo!

Greetz,

Gino
  6. Yarok New Member

Thanks, guys!

Actually, the chainmail is somewhat toned down, now. It did look a bit too bright.

Gino: Yeah, the beard... I thought the corpulence and overall attitude of the character would fit a veteran better :)
  7. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Patrick I can only echo what the rest of the members said. I recently purchased this figure, so your version is a great inspiration for me.

Xenofon
  8. Yarok New Member

(y) this was a very enjoyable figure overall. Take care when cleaning the spears, they broke like glass on mine (which, retrospectively, isn't a bad thing, because who can hold in one hand two spears perfectly stacked the one above the other on one shoulder?)