1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Northern Wind by Big Child Creatives.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Henk, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I have the attention span of a butterfly at the best of times, and recently I've struggled somewhat with either the finishing touches of a project (Sail Away...), or just could not get what's in my head, to come out of my brushes (The Morrigan...). Its not a lack of inspiration or a loss of mojo, I'm at the desk every day I'm at home, but more a lack of focus I guess. Maybe I've gotten a bit carried away, exploring many new genres (I used to build/paint almost exclusively military WWII and later) and techniques, and enjoying them, and I need to concentrate more on something that suits my style and interests.

Anyway, enough rambling. This is my latest effort, Northern Wind by Big Child Creatives. I started on this one a few weeks ago, at the show in Thornbury, and have been working on it on and off.
    I'm happy where its going, I'm now going to finish/tidy up all the little bits, hopefully ready for Bugle Call next week.

20211116_105939.jpg 20211116_110021.jpg 20211116_110012.jpg 20211116_105959.jpg 20211116_105948.jpg
    dmcHobbes, Impisi, Nap and 1 other person like this.
  2. Livers New Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice work.
  3. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    coming along very nicely.
  4. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Butterfly

That's a lot to get together and it's getting there .not my subject but casting looks really good , nice work on the heads

Keep fluttering ....and painting

Happy benchtime

Nap
  5. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Not my thing but nicely done so far.
  6. Scott Sheltz Active Member

United-States
    Looks really good! Check picture 2 looks like a seam line or brush hair are on her left side
  7. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Some progress on this one, I'm just about calling it done, there comes a point where you have to say "that's it" ...

My next project will be a nice and simple one, familiar territory, the "U.S. infantryman Vietnam " from Mitches Military Models. A nice tree to use my new set of Game Colours Washes, and faded fatigues. I'm putting it on a nice wooded base, and will add some more groundwork.

Anyway, this is where Northern Wind is at at the moment.

20211216_203753.jpg 20211216_203909.jpg 20211216_203901.jpg 20211216_203850.jpg
  8. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Right, having a closer look on my desk monitor (yes, I've splurged a few weeks ago, and now have a proper desktop monitor PC), I've noticed that the eyes need fixing, and the hair wants a little more shading in places.
    The leather and metal I'm happy with, aswel as most of the skulls.
    Nap likes this.