1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Northern Ireland 1980'S Baton Gun????

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Jimbo, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Hello people, could someone please let me know which Baton gun was used in Northern Ireland by the British army during the 1980's, is it one of these, if so which one? I need the info for a conversion I'm in the middle of
    Many thanks & appreciate any help on this one.
    Cheers
    Jim

Attached Files:

2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Jim, on ships we carried two Federal Riot Guns (FRG's) I assume it would have been standard throughout the forces so your last pic Y6Z08HK7

Roger.
    Ventress likes this.
  3. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Thanks Roger, much appreciated(y)
    Cheers
    Jim
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England

You're welcome Jim, better wait 'til Percy Pongo chimes in to confirm it though, knowing the Navy we probably had something cheap/obsolete... or both.

Roger.
    Jimbo likes this.
  5. Helm A Fixture

England
  6. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Thanks Steve,
    The picture you've posted shows a different gun to the Federal riot gun, so I presume both types were used in Northern Ireland, I reckon I might go for the Federal Gun with the wooden stock.
    Thanks for your help
    Cheers
    Jim
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    I seem to recall them having a wooden stock as well as the metal skeleton one
    Steve
  8. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Yeah looks that way Steve, this picture is dated 1974 so I presume this model/type was used well into the 80's & beyond
    Cheers
    Jim

Attached Files:

9. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jim
    My Mrs uses the Federal with the wooden stock when i am late from the pub ,she finds the wooden stock far more comfortable ,and better accuracy when she bounces them off the garden path into my groin area , and the wooden stock matches the brown leather coat I bought her for Xmas last year........lol
    Cheers Chris
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Jimbo ,

I have sent some pics to you via e mail ....as you said the wooden stocked model was used well into the 80's ...hell of a kick if I remember rightly when we used them at Long Kesh .

Now get sculpting

Nap
  11. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Chris maybe your Missus should meet mine, they sound like similar characters(y)
    Cheers
    Jim
  12. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Thanks Kev, yep I think the Federal gun is the one I'll sculpt.
    Cheers
    Jim
  13. Helm A Fixture

England
    Wait till she discovers that a U2 battery also fits it perfectly Chris that's the time to worry
    Steve
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  14. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Bloody hell I will check lol
    Cheers Chris
  15. jimmyoc Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi, these may help, rubber2028_1481887900_n.jpg rubber5628997_791253993_n.jpg
  16. Steve Ward Member

Singapore
    images7Y130945.jpg Hi this pic is the one used by soldiers during the 80's. It's certainly the one I carried on my back! imagesMRQ4SJDJ.jpg this one was used by the RUC. imagesSCK7L2HR.jpg This nice one made by Heckler and Kock was introduced during the 90's. The other have never come across before.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  17. Steve Ward Member

Singapore
    Incidentally, the baton gun or FRG (Federal Riot Gun), was a modified 2 inch Very Flare Pistol. The metal stock was spot welded on, as well as an extension to the barrel. It was chambered to accept 1.5 inch baton rounds.