1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Northern Ireland 1/6th scale

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Carl Edward Sambrook, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Just an update on the Northen Ireland figure that I'm currently working on. Waiting for the cap badge and some more work on the DPM. P1010758.JPG
    Huw63, Funky50, Grod and 6 others like this.
  2. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    The DPM looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing this finished.
    Thanks.
    Grod likes this.
  3. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That looks great Charles, the Dpm tones are spot on, and he has a real determined look about him!

If you don't mind just one or two observations .....

At the rear of the sight it's a flared black rubber eyecup so no metal highlights are required just there.
    The folded carrier handle grip below the ejection port is also plain basllistic abs plastic and matches the butt, which you have portrayed perfectly, I think I can see some subtle metal highlights there at the moment.

And I think the background bricks are far to large;):)

Very realistic though mate.

Paul

Paul.
    Scotty likes this.
  4. Helm A Fixture

England
    PeeDee beat me to it, I'd also make the plastic parts slightly more err "black" and again the butt plate is also a slightly different colour to the butt itself. I have added a couple of pics of my own sadly deactivated one :cautious: Hope these help
    Steve
    CAM00361.jpg CAM00360.jpg
    Scotty likes this.
  5. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Thanks guys I haven't really done much work to the SLR, but thank you for your advice, which I will be using as I want to do the figure justice.
    Huw63, Helm and peedee like this.
  6. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom

You really are Carl.

P
    Huw63 and Helm like this.
  7. Funky50 Guest

Got one of these big boys myself so know how difficult it is the larger the figure it seems as if there are acres of blending to do......great job on this what cap badge will you use ?...Kevin
  8. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Kevin, I will be using a Royal Engineer cap badge, which I have received and will be posting pictures tomorrow.
    Funky50 and peedee like this.
  9. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Looking good Carl, I am working on the same one now but as a UDR soldier

John
    Scotty and peedee like this.