1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Norman Mercanary 1190, Fist Acrylic Painting

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Tommi, Sep 13, 2010.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Well, your first attempt with acrylics looks way better then my fourth.
    So that's why I stick with the oils.
    Anyway: Awesome painted figure.

marc
  2. Glen Active Member

United-States
    I would say you pretty much nailed it. Well done!

Glen
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That's an impressive changeover form oil to acrylic, excellent result for first try, maybe you was a closest acrylic all along and just didn't want to admit it :D

Steve(y)
  4. Felduniform A Fixture

Germany
  5. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Good to see you are still painting Tommi,great first attempt at acrylics.Thanks also for bringing this figure to my attention,must have missed this one.See you at the weekend.

Cheers David
  6. elvis A Fixture

Great paint job ciao from Luca(y)(y)
  7. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks guys for your kind words, was a pleasre to work with and paint, on to the next unfinished project:)

Cheers
    Tommi
  8. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi David

Yes I never saw this advertised, just cam accross it, its and excellent casting as good as some of the top brands out there and sculpted by a top scultor to. See you in a few days.

Cheers
    Tommi
  9. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Luca, always good to recieve a compliment from you(y)
    Cheers
    Tommi
  10. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Tommi cracking job well done. You have echoed my stumbling block with acrylics the face of course any tips or a SBS?
  11. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Afraid not ATM as I just made it up as I went along, will take some SBS photos on the next project, it was all a bit of a struggle TBH and most of the time was spent painting back over mistakes:confused:

Only thing I can say is just keep going at it, the paint dries fast so at least you can go over it again.

Cheers
    Tommi
  12. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Excellent paintwork Tommi!

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  13. petermh Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Excellent painting particularly the face, not overdone like many figures painted in acrylics.
    As you say this is avery attractive figure, do la fortezza have a Uk distributor or did you get it direct from them?
  14. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks peter for your kind comments. I managed to get it through an ebay shop in italy, La Grand Army, find them on email and drop him a mail and he will get one for you.

Cheers
    Tommi