1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Norman Flat 70MM

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by phc35, Jan 13, 2014.

1. phc35 Well-Known Member

United-States
    nrmanflat2.JPG normanflat3.JPG normanflat1.jpg Please give comments. This guy is not yet finished, but would like to know if I'm heading in the right direction

painted in Vallejo, Reaper, And Jo Sonya acrylics
    Joe55 likes this.
  2. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    I think its coming around nicely. Is his coat supposed to be the 'quilted' type? If so, you may want to do lights and darks on each individual square. Just be careful to maintain the overall shading that you've got going. Does that make sense?

Joe
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Nice start IMO , like the way the shadows are going .....who makes this piece as its probably a size I might like to have a go at ..once I get all my GA out of the way ..or maybe inbetween!!!

Is is sculpted on 1 side only ?

Thanks for sharing

Nap

Nap
  4. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    I think you are going in the right direction but I can only agree with Joe

Nap: It is engraved from Andreas Trost (Trostzinn) and avaiable from Jupiter Miniatura http://flachfigur.de/2.html (scroll down)
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Yes definitely off to a good start, nice big contrasts between light and shadow and it's obvious where the light direction is from. That's the way to go. (y)

Roger.
  6. swralph A Fixture

I agree
  7. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    A very nice start.
    Cheers
    Keith
  8. phc35 Well-Known Member

United-States
    thank you all for the comments. and Thanks Ulrich for addressing where it cam from.I bought It at the MMSI show in Chicago and it was not labeled. I just looked at the webb site ans I see that the shop button is not in effect,Is there any other way to order from them?

Jay
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Cheers Ulrich ,

Scrolling odwn there are some great flats there such a variety ......very tempting aa.jpg ...and many others

Nap
  10. Glen Active Member

United-States