1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Non-Military Figures?

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by cspirito, Sep 28, 2005.

1. cspirito New Member

Hello, all -

I came here from "The Clubhouse - Sculptor Forum", where they do large (10-18") tall hero, comic book, and horror/monster movie figures. Here it seems everything has a military theme. Is there a place for those of us who sculpt 3-8" figures of ordinary people, and some fantasy figures (Gnomes). I use Polymer Clay and MagicSculp in my work.

Some of my commercial figure castings (for Garden Model Railways) can be seen at http://www.spirito.biz

I look forward to some help, and some pointers to other figure sculpture sites.

Carlo
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Welocme to the planet Carlo. Our site is devoted to all forms of figures, whether the be military or civilian, fact or fantasy. The industry is geared toward the theme of Military Miniatures but encompoases all aspects of figure painting and sculpting. So you see.....youwould fit right in here.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Carlo,

Welcome to the planet. It doesn't matter what you sculpt as long as we can learn alot. It is not only military, (the most commercial available figures are military figure's) here are also comics, ordinary people etc. On the planet there is a Sculpture forum.
    And i'm very sure that alot of us guys wanted to see some sculpting work of you here.

Marc
  4. cspirito New Member

Thanks for the welcome.

I will post some examples of my work soon, in the sculptor section. I love the fact that this is a very intenational group. I live in Maine, USA right now, but I am an Italian/American.

Carlo