1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Nocturna Storm Griffon - 54mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by legend69, Aug 30, 2013.

1. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece

Hi Karl, thanks for your great comments!!! At the moment I do not plan to use wash or an ink glaze, the detail in the wings seems to come out pretty well without any additional work - however I will have to take a look at it once the entire figure is complete....a lot more work still to do!!!
    Thanks, Anthony
  2. Karlosfandango Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for your reply Anthony.
    It will be very interesting to see this finished, such fine details at this scale. Still can't believe what you've done with the feathers, so intricate!

I attempted painting feathers some time ago but just made a hash of it, so decided to stash that project for another time, when I'm ready for it.
    Perhaps when I have a little more experience , a better understanding of colour selection, I'll have another attempt at it.
    Thanks again Karl.
    legend69 likes this.
  3. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Hi Anthony, this is a good WIP. Amazing painting, especially your brushwork on the feathers! To tell you the truth, I also have this kit in my grey army for some time but just haven't had time to start working on it :) I am following this thread and looking forward to seeing more progress from you. I believe it will be another master piece once finished.

Thanks,
    Jason
    legend69 likes this.
  4. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Getting there slowly but steadily.... hope you like it...all comments welcome
    Anthony

Attached Files:

5. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Looking really great. This is always such an impressive piece when finished and this one will be no different. Keep it up i am excited to see it complete.
    legend69 likes this.
  6. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece

Thanks Meehan34, I have been going at this since last august so I am looking forward to finishing it and starting something new.
    Anthony
  7. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Great job on this awesome figure:) . Great sculpt and magnificent paintjob(y) . Could you give here other angles pictures also? I really would like to see this figure from all sides. Cheers Borek
  8. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi Borek, thank for your comments...new pictures loaded.
    Anthony

p.s. fantastic work with the bet!!!
  9. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    A few more pics. Thanks for looking.

Anthony

p.s. after doing a bit of reading the horse is the natural enemy of the griffon, so i decided that the horse king should be.....the loser in this particular battle....horse and head on a spike.

Attached Files:

Ray Welshman, balder and Borek like this.
  10. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Great work,
    Gary.
    legend69 likes this.
  11. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Fantastic, Anthony. This is Awesome. Thank you very much for this new photos. Beautiful figure and great, great paintwork on this one(y) . Cheers Borek
    legend69 likes this.
  12. Ray Welshman Active Member

really good work, lot of work and patience on this one.

Cheers

Ray
    legend69 likes this.
  13. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Absolutely stunning work on those feathers. The style you have used has really brought it to life. Excellent painting.
    legend69 likes this.
  14. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Ray[/quote]

Thanks Guys for al your great comments, this has been a long project with many ups and downs - your engouragement will get me to the finish line!!!
    Anthony