1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Nocturna Celtic Chieftain

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by arxo, Dec 1, 2011.

1. arxo Active Member

Greece
    Hello everyone,

It's been a long while since my last post but I finally managed to finish this beautiful bust from Nocturna. Taking a leave off of my favorite knightmodels.com miniatures I decided to try my hand in a bust. This is my first attempt to paint a bust and I am rather pleased of the overall result, although I have to figure out a standard recipe for my shadows mix, since my only experience with flesh colors was from the Andrea flesh set. For this bust I tried to mimic the colors used in a video tutorial over at http://www.figurines-tv.com/kws/index.php?mod=telechargements&ac=fichier&id=180. I had a difficult time figuring out what colors to use for the shadows and this resulted in a rather 'harsh' transition between light-base-shadow that I tried to feather. It is painted with acrylics and all comments are welcome. Thank you for your time.

Attached Files:

pipetrepid, sd0324, Christos and 4 others like this.
  2. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You should be well pleased with this . great work (y)(y)
    R-on
  3. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent stuff. Very well painted.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Perfect painted bust.

marc
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there ,

I agree this is nicely done , like the way the flesh has turned out , you have produced a great version ........I might paint mine with "limed" hair

Like the clothing as well , nice colour transitions.

Thanks for the link .

Nap
  6. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Marion

I have just watched your video blog of painting a face in acrylics, as a dedicated oil man I must say this is a fantastic insight on how to use acrylic paints both in application and colour mixing " no painting by numbers here just
    instinct and feel"
    This is an absolute must see for any one who wants to use this medium.

You must do more of this (y)(y)(y)

Ron
  7. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic painting.
  8. arxo Active Member

Greece
    Thank you all for your time and comments.

napoleonpeart : The bust has an 'uncanny' (!) resamblance with the SLAINE comic book character and I can only guess that they couldn't name it like that for copyright issues. But it will be a nice change to not only see it with 'limed' hair, but also with tartan and/or tatoos...Good luck...
  9. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Great paint!(y)
  10. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good painting my friend!!!!
  11. Danis Active Member

Greece
    wonderful job!! Bravo!!! I really like his neck and his lips! Great work !
  12. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    Arxo, very nice flesh and specially the eyes (the most important element on a bust...).
  13. pipetrepid Active Member

United-States
    arxo, exquisitely painted!
  14. Danny Jeurissen New Member

Belgium
    Fantastic painting...(y)