1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Nocturna 54mm Griffon

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Ray Welshman, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Ray Welshman Active Member

I just finished this today. Its not my usual subject but enjoyed putting it together and painting it. I didn't really plan anything just went with my instincts on colors, Usually doing historical projects I have the colors, layout all planned out. This one I just went with it :)

Painted in oils and acrylics. I didnt like the bald head on the figure so made a winged helm out of putty. There was a sink hole in the rump of the griffon that I didnt discover until I got most of it assembled. Nocturna offered me a new piece but it was just as easy to fill in and sand to shape. Other than that the figure went together extremely well, I barely used any filler what so ever. Very nice and very high quality.

griffon1.jpg

griffon2.jpg griffon3.jpg grifon4.jpg griffon6.jpg
    balder, tiberius57 and ghamilt1 like this.
  2. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Love it Ray! The helmet looks as though it came with the kit, really first rate job.
  3. Ray Welshman Active Member

Thanks Glen,

Not sure if you got my note for coffee on Saturday, if you can make it I will bring it along

Cheers

Ray
  4. swralph A Fixture

Nicely painted Ray.
    Ralph.
  5. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Great job (painting and conversion) on a very spectacular piece!
    Congrats Ray! (y)
    Cheers my friend!
    Zeno :)
  6. Ray Welshman Active Member

Thanks Ralph, Zeno

Cheers

Ray