1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Noble man with hand on his chest 1/9

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by antonio argudo, Mar 10, 2011.

1. antonio argudo Well-Known Member

Spain
    Hi folks!
    this is what I'm modelling latelly, apart from Rommel (lol) who will show up very soon, this one will have the other full arm holding the sword, as you can see the hand is just sketched.
    This greco's painting represents a noble man in the moment of giving his holy vow, Im working from only 1 view reference, lots of adjustments in need yet, this is it from now, cheers!

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

Centaur, Manfred, gordy and 7 others like this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice Antonio! (y) What is the putty or clay you are using ?
  3. antonio argudo Well-Known Member

Spain
    Thanks Gordy, Im using Super Sculpey firm which I feel very comfortable, I dont see the day wich I'm using epoxy putty for sculpting, not yet, Im the infinity retouch man lol!
  4. hyperkid New Member

United-States
    AAAAAAA!!!!! el greco one of my favourite artists! Great work!!!!!
    antonio argudo likes this.
  5. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    thank you Antonio, I agree the ability to put a piece down and work endlessly is quite a nice quality of the putty :)
  6. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    thats the man in all dimensions
    excellent the face is perfect
    cheers
  7. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Man, You really can do the portrait !
    Can you tell us at least "core" of your portait skills, do you meassure some points on the face or how the h... you do it ? ;)
    antonio argudo and mil-mart like this.
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Antonio, an excellent start and a true likeness. I'm looking forward to seeing how you tackle the ruff , will you also be doing it in Super sculpey firm . Following.

Cheers Ken
  9. antonio argudo Well-Known Member

Spain
    thanks for the kind words mates, very apreciate!

Darko, I like to hand drawing the head to get familiar with the features, do some measures like eyes proportion, divide distance or create an eyes-nose triangle, then I took pics and print them and compare with what I did sculpt, I also draw on a clear acetate the head proportions and overlap it on my model pic,I know this can be done with PS but I'm more confortable in real paper, basically is this and repeat and repeat and ... hope this helps!

[IMG]
    gordy likes this.
  10. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    In fact it does, especially part with acetate, I'll try that for sure ;)
    Thx !!!
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Simple and elegant, I like this a lot. There are a lot of period portraits that would make great busts. ~Gary
  12. antonio argudo Well-Known Member

Spain
    I agree with you Gary, there's so many portraits that would be nice to have in bust, so what are we waitting for? lol I have in my list some like Velazquez, Rembrandt or Klimt... seems like latelly Norman Rockwell ilustrations inspired some brands and with good results, the chances are unlimited!
    thanks for the coment mate!
    Antonio