1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Nippers (Side-Cutters) for Plastic Parts: Dspiae ST-A 3.0

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade/Accessories' started by rjray, Jan 29, 2021.

1. rjray Member

United-States
    https://newtype.us/p/hVAY5fSCaxZ105ObU80V/h/dspiae-st-a-3-0-single-blade-nipper

The link goes to the place where I bought mine (and later a second one for my wife, who also builds models), as they currently have them on a reasonable sale price.

I bought myself a pair a few months ago when Newtype[*] first had them on offer, but for "reasons" haven't been modeling much and thus hadn't used them yet. This past Saturday I finally got some time to work on a project, and my wife was sitting with me working on an aircraft of her own. She asked to try the new cutters, so I handed them over. Almost immediately she announced that she would be needing her own pair! I took them back and tried them out on some really small parts, and they make an incredibly clean cut in really tight places. Little to no tension-stress on the parts, too. None of the parts I cut off of sprues ended up with any distortion or damage.

I doubt these would be suitable to resin, and I'm almost certain that trying to cut/trim white metal with them would wear the blade down quickly. But I HIGHLY recommend them for use on styrene.

Randy

* I have no relationship with Newtype other than that of satisfied customer