1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Nikon D60 lens

Discussion in 'Photography' started by combatartist, Dec 21, 2011.

1. combatartist Active Member

United-States
    I have a Nikon D60 with a telephoto with macro capabilities... I can't seem to get the settings to work. Any ideas?
  2. combatartist Active Member

United-States
    The lens is a 70-300 1:4-5.6 and has a slide button on the lens for normal and macro 200-300.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Usually (before the digital time) a zoomlens was not capable to do Macro.
    Macro is 1:1 or closer. We all use for figures closeup fotografie, and some real Macro.
    If i see that your lens has his smallest diafragma to 4, you need alot of light to get some sharping into the depth.
    Use the setting Diafragma priority and set that as D 8 maybe 11 and let the camera choose the shutterspeed.
    I think you have to use a tripod, and the timer.
    Take alot of pictures and set the D higher to 16 and 22.
    I think the slide button on the lens is to set the lens fixed at the choosen mm.

Marc
  4. combatartist Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Marc. Think I'll have to invest in a macro lens. Back in the day, I had extension tubes,2X converters and light meters and could actually take photos of a bugs butt. Love digital, but there are trade offs insofar as equipment.