1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

next world expo

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by madeg, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Exactly, I regretted not doing Boston myself. I for one would be keen to do Chicago.

It would have a 'world' feel to it. I reckon it'll probably go to whoever gets it off the fground first in terms of securing a venue etc. Often these things are swung by getting local authorities involved and suchlike as they can assist things like getting a venue or publicity... Good luck to any organisers, wherever you may be.

I know I wouldn't fancy it being in the UK as I just don't think it's the kind of thing we do very well.
  2. brian A Fixture

Scotland
  3. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    There is nothing cheap in the US
  4. penster Active Member

United-States
    Any group in the world can submit a proposal. You just have to organize a club or group and do the footwork to do the math properly for presentation, and the club must be a member of the World Model Soldier Federation for 2 years.
    The World Expos are not just picked at random. There is a proposal packet available. If you want to have a WE in Japan or Australia, write a proposal. I have a copy of the paperwork if anyone wants to do a serious submission. Here is the first paragraph of the first page of the paperwork:

"How are World Expo Sites Chosen?
    The site of each World Expo is chosen by a vote of all the Military Miniature Societies that comprise the World Model Soldier Federation (WMSF). At present, there are some 30 member societies from countries around the world, notably France, the United States, Great Britain, Italy and Japan. Each society decides how it will choose to cast its one vote. Each society casts one vote.

Societies that are not yet members of the WMSF are welcome – and encouraged – to join. There is no cost for WMSF membership for those organizations wishing only to participate in World Expo site selection. To join, the society must be a legitimate hobby society (in existence for at least 2 years), and must provide the name of the society, a contact person, a mailing and e-mail address, and telephone number."

This is not a casual endeavor, a lot of work is involved with the process of submitting a bid. Please contact me if you wish more information and I will send you in the proper direction. Cheers.
  5. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    It would be fantastic to have it anywhere in North America. I have never been to a World Expo but both my wife and I would love to go. Chicago is a great place to visit. We have visited a couple of times in the past. Hotels can be a little pricey depending where you stay but there is a lot to see in the city. We were in London this august for the world sci fi convention and found it very expensive (hotel and especially food). Don't get me wrong, the history you see in London boggled our minds. I wish would have had more time there. I guess what I'm trying to say is travel in general is expensive.
    Sorry for rambling on, Gerald
  6. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Eating out is expensive anywhere , you could half the cost in New York if you halved the portion size and still have had plenty to eat :D
    Don and housecarl like this.
  7. tomifune A Fixture

United-States

McDonalds coffee.png
    McDonalds LARGE Coffee $1.00

005.JPG
    Large Americano coffee 2 euros- $2.66

Not everything , Ron:LOL:
    Uruk-Hai and brian like this.
  8. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yea but it's not in a China cup :D feck those paper cups it just tastes of cardboard :)
    tomifune likes this.
  9. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Alan just announced on Timelines that it is Chicago for 2017. Good news for North American modellers and for the international health of the hobby I think.

Colin
  10. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Yes, the next Expo is in downtown Chicago where the Chicago club got a great deal at the Hilton across Grant Park which runs along Lake Michigan. So Ron, if you come I will make sure you have China for your coffee.
    . 003.JPG

Bob
    sd0324 and crf like this.
  11. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Keep the coffee, I'm going for deep dish pizza!
    pz.jpg
    tomifune likes this.
  12. Ray Welshman Active Member

Coffee and Pizza I'm real excited about this, I missed Boston but wont miss this one

Cheers

Ray
    tomifune likes this.
  13. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good god that's not anything remotely like a pizza :eek: thats a heat attack pie
    Diegoff and Don like this.
  14. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Says the chap from the domain of fried bread and the deep fried Mars Bar LOL

Colin
    brian likes this.
  15. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Just be careful, lots of gangsters there. But I really like to meet Al Bundy.

Cheers
    Janne
  16. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I'll not be going, as i still have an outstanding debt with Al Capone's mob.
    crf likes this.
  17. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    :ROFLMAO:
  18. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Janne,
    Al Bundy got laid off, divorced and it was rumored his wife joined a motorcycle gang.:rolleyes:
    Brian,
    You'll be happy to know that booze is legal now and all the gangsters are gone into new jobs. They are called the Mayor and the City Council.:p

Bob
    Uruk-Hai and crf like this.
  19. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I nominate STEWARTON .
  20. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    I was expecting Brazil. :)
    I would like to visit Chicago, let's see...