1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Next Up

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Paul Kernan, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Although it is now summer, I still plan (hopefully) to have another couple of pieces ready for Chicago in October. My dilemma was I could not decide what to go with, so I prepped the following.

The Iroquois bust by Stormtrooper is beautifully sculpted and cast and took less than an hour of preparation. The YS 1821 bust is also beautifully sculpted but I was a tad disappointed in the quality of the cast. My copy is around 130 which is in the first 1/3 of the run so I did not expect to spend the amount of prep time that was required. More than normal pitting, air bubbles, seams and rough finish. Both are sculpted by Carl Reid. The Iroquois is in the Stormtrooper V12 range and the YS is 200mm.

Anyway, at the end of the day both are primed and ready for undercoating. Progress will most likely be slow as I will will bounce back and forward between them.

IMG_6402.jpg IMG_6408.jpg IMG_6412.jpg IMG_6418.jpg IMG_6423.jpg IMG_6426.jpg IMG_6434.jpg
    SERHAN OFLAS, crf and garyhiggins like this.
  2. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Those look great Paul, enjoy.
    Best wishes, Gary.
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  3. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
  4. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Both look great. Glad to hear the are Chicago bound. I am hoping but won't know for a bit.
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  5. Graham PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Interesting subjects, look forward to seeing what you make of them.
  6. Waterman Active Member

No doubt had you have returned it then they would have exchanged it Paul. Well that was the advice given to me on PF when I complained about bad casts. Sniping from the sidelines was the statement that I recieved. But thanks for your honesty Paul, with so many quality figures out there, and a limited amount of cash, it steers me away from wasting my money.