1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Next FJ from Alpine

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Marcin Łukawski, May 7, 2006.

1. Marcin Łukawski Member

Poland
    Hi

I have just started new figure from Alpine Miniatures.
    I decide to little convert this next FJ figure ;) . I used Magic Sculpt and pieces: Hornet head and hands , Dragon helmet and smg, Aber PE parts-(liner, chinstraps) and some parts from spare box.

Hope you like it

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Any comments are welcome

Best Regards
    Marcin
  2. Rambler86 New Member

Nice work!

I want to see it painted and finished!

could you post some photos of the rear part of the figure?

thanks

gabriele
  3. Marcin Łukawski Member

Poland
    Thanks Gabriele

and pics ;)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Cheers
  4. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
    waiting for finish
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Albeit WII is not my cup of tea, you have done a good job converting this figure, my compliments.

Cheers
    Roc ;)
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Would it be possible to show the original figure from which this converted? Not my scale, I'm not familiar with Alpine figure kits and WW2 is not my historical period, but I am interested in the conversion you did. The face and pose remind me of a well-published photo of a German fallschirmjager on Crete. As I recall, he's an NCO shouting orders and rounding up British prisoners. Not sure but I think the photo was originally in the Nazi propaganda paper, "Signal". I just tried to do a web search and find the photo, but with no luck. Was the original figure a fallschirmjager or did you convert it? If you converted it, did you do so using the photo as your reference?

All the best,
    Dan
  7. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Marcin,

I think the pose of the figure is good, but IMHO the folding of the clothing does not seem natural. Too much sharp edges for my taste. I believe that softening up the folds would make for a better figure. As I presume that the figure is already primed some areas are a bit rough too and need extra cleaning up. The roughness will disrupt the overall effect once painted. However, at this stage nothing that cannot be fixed.
    Keep us posted about your progression.

Johan ;)
  8. Marcin Łukawski Member

Poland
  9. Marcin Łukawski Member

Poland