1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

News Pegaso models

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Pedro Molina, Oct 21, 2011.

1. gommolo Active Member

United-States
    I'm sorry ...... I think if a paint is titled Serb Warrior, the image depicted is a Warrior of Serbia, with no other possibility of refutation. Why the painter (serbian) has painted an Albanian and called it Serbian?

Marco Colombelli
  2. milten2004 Active Member

United-States
    [IMG]

Sorry, I didn't pay attention on the third picture title you posted. Someone, somewhere made mistake on internet, give a wrong name to a picture and here we are. At this moment I can not give you a better "proof" than this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paja_Jovanovic

At the bottom of the page is a list of Paja Jovanovic greatest paintings. This painting that we are talking about is under number 5. Its name is Arbanas, which is old name for Albanian. When this painting was finished Albanian state did not existed. If you do not believe me ask any well educated Albanian you can find and he will tell you the same. He will probably add that we (Serbs) are steeling everything from them and that some of us renamed this picture to Serb warrior. But bolive me we never looked like this.
    I must admit I like this figure. Painted in black this textile around the face gives cool ninja look to the figure.
    Since you are consultant for Pegaso models I want to ask you something. Did Pegaso team wanted to make Serb warrior figure so they asked one from sculptor? Or it was other way around - sculptor had an inspiration, made the master for the figure and then contacted Pegaso company?
  3. gommolo Active Member

United-States
    In this case the second way, but sometime it is also possible the first.

Marco
  4. milten2004 Active Member

United-States
    THX for the answer.
  5. Arianit New Member

Albania
    Yes, he is a typical Albanian, and the scarf that you see on the head is called coffin in Albanian, and they had to carry it that way, because Albanians mainly were known as warriors, who fought in many places out of their country, and in case they were killed in wars or battles, they would have "the funeral coffin" with themselves.
    That is our typical Albanian National Costume !
  6. Arianit New Member

Albania
    This is an Albanian National Dance, called "On Wings of Eagle", where you can see how the scarf is used.

[youtube]WSe4dJfxgjE&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]
  7. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Also germane is the one painted cave bad figure.
    As was once again drawn every cliché approach could find one.
    Pity Pegaso, once again missed an opportunity.

Cheers

Hendryk
  8. Arianit New Member

Albania
    One more pic with Albanian National Costumes !

[IMG]