1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

News Pegaso models

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Pedro Molina, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Pedro Molina A Fixture

Spain
    Guerrero Germano
    Escultura: Andrea Jula
    Pintura:pietro Balloni
    Matrial:Metal
    Escala: 75mm

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Hajuduk Serbo ''Guerra de la independencia 1804-1813"
    Escultura: Viktor Konnov
    Pintura:Lorenzo Bartolomei
    Matrial:Metal
    Escala: 75mm

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Almirante Veneciano
    Escultura: Michel Saez
    Pintura: Massimo Pasquali
    Matrial: Resina
    Escala: 1/9

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

2. sancho7 Active Member

France
    Hajuduk Serbo (y)
    The guerrero germano has the depilated legs...
  3. scipion94 Well-Known Member

Spain
    I don`t like any of this news:sick:
    ATTİLA the HUN likes this.
  4. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    I am not doing any busts but I like the Venetian sailor the best.
  5. Patrick Kamsma Active Member

Netherlands
    I picked up the "admiral" at Euro. I saw it unpainted at the Pegaso stand and immediatly bought it.
    The "Hajuduk Serbo" is also one I want to add to my grey army.

Grtz
    Patrick
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    The pose of the first one is very similar to a few of their other figures that has come out recently, very posed and static. The details are very well sculpted though.
    Ben
  7. Einion Well-Known Member

Although I suspect the Germanic figure owes a bit too much to 19th-century reconstructions or something of that nature Andrea Jula has outdone himself on the sculpting of it, some of the very best work I've seen from his hands.

Also nice to see this paintjob is so beautifully restrained, without excessive shadowing that we're seeing a lot of recently. Interesting that there appear to be a few casting flaws visible in the painted master though; something to watch out for on production castings.

Einion
  8. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    I like the venetian's bust.
  9. milten2004 Active Member

United-States
    I was waiting for this topic for a month!!!

[IMG]

There is a mistake made by a Pegaso models related to this figure. This is not "Hajduk Serb" , this is Albanian. "Hajduk" means "rebel".

''Guerra de la independencia 1804-1813" - we call this "First Serbian uprising".

These two paintings were probably inspiration for the sculptor of this figure. The autor of the paintings is famous Serbian painter Paja Jovanovic and depicts Albanians in theirs traditional national costumes of the period. In the fact the name of the first one is "Arbanas" which is in fact Albanian. Somehow the sculptor was confused by all this and gave the figure the wrong name. I am sure that figure has the traditional Pegaso quality, only the title is wrong.

[IMG] [IMG]

Albanian traditional national costume. Vienna military museum.

[IMG]
    sancho7 and Jacek Spychalski like this.
  10. ATTİLA the HUN Well-Known Member

Turkey
    I'm so sorry but Agreed +1:thumb down:
  11. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Oh yet another fantasy Teuton, well, it's also extremely difficult to investigate well in the Internet age.
    I like that the Rebel, something different, but the bust is not more well done.

Hendryk
  12. TURKOGLU Active Member

Turkey
    Bad news from Pegaso this month:(
    housecarl likes this.
  13. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Signed!

Cheers
  14. raty Member

United-States
    :)hi i love all 3 of the figuers!!:love::love: the guerrero germano is exe!! and a beautiflly paintjob!!(y)painted by PIETRO BALLONI a master painty!! the veneciano bust. is painted by MASSIMO PASQUALI a master painty too !!:):) and i think the figuer of VIKTOR KONNOV. is a beautifully and exe, figuer!!:rolleyes: I immediatly bought all 3 form pegaso. and I painting the red lancer it is a BEAUTIFALLY figuer i think ok take care raty.
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    They are all masterly painted.
    But there is nothing to fill my grey army.

marc
  16. pipetrepid Active Member

United-States
    pedro, some very nice figures there!
  17. gommolo Active Member

United-States
    Hello, my name is Marco Colombelli and I’m Colombelli the historical consultant of Pegaso. I wanted to report that the name of the figure "Hajduk Serb" is correct, or it is certanly, a serb warrior. The mentioned painting by Paja Jovanovic is named “Serb Warrior” (than, he was a serb) and another painting by Paja Jovanovic in 1889 is “Serb Uprising". The attached pictures shows how similar the Albanian and Serb look was.

Marco

Attached Files:

18. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I usually look forward to seeing what Pegaso come up with, and usually there's at least one figure in each new batch that catches my attention.

All very disappointing this month though - a very lacklustre, ho-hum set of releases IMHO. I'd probably pick the Albanian/Serb (whatever he is) as the best of a poor bunch, but I won't be buying.

- Steve
    housecarl likes this.
  19. milten2004 Active Member

United-States
    No offense man, but you are wrong, very wrong. No one in Serbia will buy this figure. I live in Serbia my whole life and I know how Serbian warriors of the period looked like.
    You have to double-checked your sources. All pictures you posted here depicts Albanians only. The painting you think “Serb Uprising" dated 1889 is in fact "Izdajica" or "Traitor" from year 1886. Analise what you see on the painting - Group of the people on he left aggressively stare at the men on the right and a poor man trying to explain himself. (he will be probably killed a little later) Do not look like uprising to me. Somebody made mistake and titled the wrong picture. Check this link:

http://www.arte.rs/sr/umetnici/paja_jovanovic-3/opus/izdajica-1431/

[IMG]

Here you can see painting "Takovski ustanak" or "Takovo uprising" (Second Serbian uprising)
    Central figure here has a turkis stile turban on his head but no one has textile on a face.

http://www.arte.rs/sr/umetnici/paja_jovanovic-3/opus/takovski_ustanak-1441/

[IMG]

This one is titled correctly: Albanian flag bearer in Dukadjini (Western Kosovo)

[IMG]
  20. milten2004 Active Member

United-States
    Steve this is Albanian 110% !!!