1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

News October 2019: Chronos Miniatures CHM-54187 & -54187(M)

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by CHRONOS, Oct 4, 2019.

1. CHRONOS A Fixture

Russian-Federation

Attached Files:

Tom W., NeilW, Martin64 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Questioned my fundus...:
    When painting, it could be complicated, taking the bearskin variant of the elite companies, because the guys then still had tambour tresses on their sleeves, which are not engraved ...

[IMG]

In the helmet version, it's the usual simple version in eclectic colors and white horsehair ...:

[IMG]

Cheers
    Jaybo and CHRONOS like this.
  3. Oda A Fixture

Beautiful!Chronos is progressively building a very impressive Napoleonic line of figures.

Oda.
    Jaybo, Tonton and CHRONOS like this.
  4. CHRONOS A Fixture

Russian-Federation

Perhaps you are right about embroidering the sleeves. But there are pictures where elite mouth musicians do not have these embroidering.

dragun_napoleon54_big.jpg
    Oda likes this.
  5. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice. Particularly like the choice of heads. If tackling the bearskin version – and to ensure the crispness required of the figure – I’d probably make the tambour tresses from detail paper or make decals. They’d be far too complicated to paint on the figure accurately otherwise.

Jeff
    Jaybo and Oda like this.
  6. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jeff, what is 'detail paper'? I'm trying to figure out what medium to use on 18th c French uniform lace on Historex figures. Thanks. Jay
    Oda likes this.
  7. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Absolutely right!

Only Tambours and Tambour-Majors wore those tresses - not trumpeters.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The same, as it was for the royal French dragoons before the revolution...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
    Oda likes this.
  8. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    A.k.a. Layout Paper. I’ve used a Daler Rowney A4 pad in the past. The paper is only 45gsm (less than half the weight of, say, normal ‘office’ paper) and prints nicely in my inkjet. I’ve used very fine key lines (0.15mm) drawn on computer, in black on this stock for such things as Hungarian Knots and painted them in acrylic after sticking them onto a figure with PVA. The paper is so fine it doesn’t really look as though it’s been stuck-on, even on 54mm figures.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
    Oda, CHRONOS and Jaybo like this.
  9. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Jeff. I'll give that a try.
    Oda and Tonton like this.