1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

News January: Chronos Miniatures CHM-54197, 54197(M) & CHM-75037

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by CHRONOS, Jan 24, 2020.

1. CHRONOS A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Osebor, Reptor, MCPWilk and 6 others like this.
  2. Oda A Fixture

Breathtaking and gorgeous.An absolute must have for me.

Oda.
    Reptor likes this.
  3. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It's a nice enough figure, but she's not otherwise immodestly dressed so why would she have her baps out?

I'm as keen a student of the female form as the next bloke, but this is a bit of a tired old trope in the hobby. Sometimes less is more.

- Steve
  4. CHRONOS A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    This woman is dressed in a dress whose style has long been known and is often found on ancient frescoes and on ancient sculptors.

800px-Snake_Goddess_Crete_1600BC.jpg

Fresco_of_a_Mycenaean_woman,_circa_1300_BC.jpg

woman2.jpg

8e0eb8b616c0822938a36a0263s2.jpg

085ac227f8b4d128f1c605dceb61a8f9.jpg

847.jpg

1508999571_1.-5af.jpg

c72d965884fbda039b2f55e897wn.jpg

krit-1.jpg
    Oda, NeilW, captnenglish and 2 others like this.
  5. tock24 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Very nice sculpt - wish it was bigger!

Extract from the Fashion Encyclopedia :-

The first modern scholars to study Crete were astonished by the design of the women's costume, including blouses and skirts that closely resembled modern women's clothing. Minoan women wore skirts that flared out from the waist in a bell shape, with many decorations attached to the cloth. Later designs were made from strips of fabric, sewn in ways that created rows of ruffles from waist to ankle. Women also wore close-fitting blouses that were cut low in the front to expose the breasts. A tiny waist was prized, and both men and women wore tight belts made of metal, which held their waists in. Some historians believe that these belts must have been worn since early childhood, forcing the waist to stop growing.

Read more: http://www.fashionencyclopedia.com/fashion_costume_culture/The-Ancient-World-Greece/Minoan-Dress.html#ixzz6BxUAYzvb

BR
    Ian
    captnenglish, Babelfish and CHRONOS like this.
  6. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    What a beauty!
    I have some flats from F.C. Neckel,they are from the master Ludwig Frank and their twins are bare,too.
    That´s part of the Minoan culture.In the book "Everyday life in ancient times" from National Geographic are many pictures from them in such state.(y)
  7. Dr Bison Well-Known Member

Germany
    Very nice. Just cries out for more compagnions for a nice street scene: men, women, kids... (just a thought).
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Right ... well ... in that case baps out it is then.

- Steve
    HansDig, Scotty, Oda and 1 other person like this.
  9. Henkm Well-Known Member

It's an interesting sculpt but I think the bottom of the amphora is a bit too narrow. It looks like it wouldn't be very stable when put on the floor. But the dress and quilted (?) apron give lots of opportunities to paint.
  10. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Very interesting subject , nice one !
  11. Henkm Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, if you want to do more releases on Minoan and related cultures may I suggest a bull jumping scene? It's one of their famous art designs and would allow plenty of vignette/diorama opportunities.
    Osebor, franck edet and NeilW like this.
  12. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Another must... And a challenge, for sure! And -i suscribe what Henkm said.
  13. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    Wow, Henk, compliments for a sharp eye.....I didn't notice the amphora at all .....:oops:
    Henkm and Osebor like this.
  14. Chazman Active Member

United-States
    What a great gal! Fetches water and shows up topless!
    Osebor and HansDig like this.