1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

News from Soldiers

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by gommolo, Jan 22, 2010.

1. gommolo Active Member

United-States
    A news from Soldiers: a Pretorian of Massenzio, IV d.C..
    54 mm
    White metal. Sculpted by Adriano Laruccia

Attached Files:

2. joepanzer PlanetFigure Supporter

3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    wow

Amazing piece, exceptional work from Adriano Laruccia , thanks for sharing Marco
  4. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superbly sculpted figure, shame about the scale (what's wrong with 90mm & 120mm?!)
  5. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Mike,

As previously discussed on the forum it seems to an economic arguement. Volume/ Weight/Popularity/Price.
    But this is a beauty in my opinion, the 54's also lend themselves more easily to multi figure dioramas/Vignettes

Keith
  6. Hardy Guest

Been looking for a 54mm to paint and this fits the bill, sublime sculpting from Adrianno. Hardy
  7. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice looking piece! I'm not that familiar with this subject, does the shield have several options for some great patterns or symbols? Looks like a great blank canvas to me!

Jay H.
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Adriano did it again.
    What a fabulous scultping.

Marc
  9. schley Active Member

Ireland
  10. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Another superb sculpt from Mr Laruccia and a must have for me.

Cheers David
  11. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That may be true, and I am aware of the economics, unfortunately, even with spectacles my eyes are not what they were and I can no longer do justice to such superb figures in 54mm! It was a statement of frustration as much as a complaint.
  12. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I'm with you, 54mm is for the birds IMO. I would rather spend the extra money for a single 90mm than buy four 54mm figures. This is a beauty of a figure but being 54mm I will never own it.
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States

Another "Never"........hmmm........I remember hearing this about busts.....lol
  14. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    OK, so those of you keeping score at home: Guy right 5 Mike right 0. It is gonna take one hell of a 54mm figure to get me to paint it. I am iffy on the 75mm kits, those little kits are so hard to paint!
  15. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Just when I thought it safe to stop the romans and move to another period along comes this.
    Must have.
    Regards
    Derek
  16. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I can empathise with the problem of eyesight (as a pensioner myself) fortunately I am short sighted so normal eyesight plus an optivisor and I can still do an "average" job in most scales-it must be a real problem if you are long sighted. I still buy the Roll Call, Almond, and Post Militaire kits on Ebay so that I can keep going if the eyesight deteriorates.

Keith