1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

News from Latorre Models

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Ernest, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela

Attached Files:

2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ernest,

Thanks, now I am going to spend more money for more figures! :eek: :lol:

Gotta get this one.

Joe
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    YIKES! What looks like a nice figure at first glance quickly becomes an anatomical nightmare. What's up with the middle of that figure? From the top of his head to crotch should be about 4 heads, this is easily 5 or 5 1/2. I really do not understand how such a talented sculptor can make so many mistakes where basic proportions are concerned. It's a shame, as you really cannot buy his figures sight unseen as they are hit and miss.~Gary
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    That is a very elegant looking figure, thanks for posting Ernesto. ;)

Cheers
    Roc :)
  5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    I will agree with you Gary. Even if i'm not a sculptor his mid-section looks really big and unreal. Pity cause i would defenately buy this one.

Xenofon
  6. everton New Member

United-Kingdom
    I realy like the figure but do we realy need another french napoleonic figure the same thing has been happening with the ww2 armour how many varients of the tiger do we realy need.the french had many opponents,how many figures of british infantry /cavalry do we see. mike harbour
  7. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I hope to see other views of this figure or I see a review before I make up my mind. Although I agree from this pic the torso does look odd.

Latorre has done several Brtish empire figgies lately. At least it's not a Waffen SS figure. Not that there is anything wrong with that... ;) :lol:

Keith
  8. Calvin Member

Ok, blame me if you want, but I cannot resist:

don't know which is worse, if a napoleonic or a ss infantryman... Anyway, aside the torso, arms and legs too are really slender, but this seems a 'by desing' feature of Latorre's figures.

Luca
  9. stormtrooper New Member

Wow is ths forum becoming a nit picking arena . One thing is sure and boy I see it everyday, but thankfully we are not all the same shape or size. What is wrong with napoleonics or waffen ss Iget bored looking at indians that all seam to be huron or something .Figures are just that and should be appreciated forjust that. Dont forget Raul makes aliving out of this and if you want him to stop just carry on.
  10. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    My comment on the SS was solely directed at the number of new Waffen SS and German WW2 figures I see released. It had nothing to do with politics.

Raul will make a living if he makes figures people buy. If he starts releasing Waffen SS figures, that is fine with me. I'll just buy something else... :lol:

Keith
  11. Einion Well-Known Member

Amen brother! What's up with his proportions? He seems to get lost in the details (admittedly stunningly done) and forgets the big picture so frequently now.

Einion
  12. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Who said anything about Politics, I think the comment was to say that every svulptor has a bad day, if after there has been more pics posted and someone has seen the casting(which was said above) we can get a real feel for it.

I think it looks strange but I want to see a casting.

As for different soldiers not just Waffen SS, US Civil War and Knights and my particular Gripe Romans, these happen to be the ones that sell like hot cakes, so who can blame sculptors for doing em.

Robin
  13. callum Member

Perhaps if the uniform had been black, his bum may not look as big? :eek:

Callum.
  14. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Follow the link to his website. There are more photos of the figure there. I would agree that figure in hand would be the best way to see what problems it may have, but the other photos on his site pretty much confirm it for me. Unless Latorre owns his own comnpany, a sculptor is not going to be allowed to have many "bad days" when someone else is laying out the cash for a master. If people are laying out hard earned cash for a figure, the sculptor and manufacturer owe it to the painter to provide the best sculpture possible.

I guess the frustration a lot of painters have is maybe they would like to see thier favorite sculptors do a subject they like. Send and E-mail, suggest other subjects. One thing to consider is that companies do what they know will sell. They're not going to produce a figure that only 10-15 people want to see.

The quality of a piece and the subject matter are two big factors that make a piece successful.~Gary
  15. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I get the attraction to Napoleonics, though I rarely paint them, but aside from the obivous anatomy flaws, this figure is also generic; this pose is static AND I can think of three or four figures that uniform chose aside look just like this fellar. In a word, BORING! With the price of figure being what it is, since I sculpt worse than I paint, I have become very choosy.
  16. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    I totally agree with Gary. Latorre is an extremely talented sculptor (and painter). However there is no excuse for this type of error. If he wants to make this a business his work better be up to snuff. I have no sympathy for guys that choose this for a living and make errors. And I, as a consumer, have every right to make observations on somebody's product.

It's doubtful Mr. Latorre would lose any sleep over our little snubs. More than likely he'll come back with a stunner.

Jason
  17. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    If you were to remove his sword he's definately deformed arms are too thin and his ankles too.You know the old saying "never let your bollocks dangle in the dust" well this guys close to doing that.I don't mind the occasional faux pas but this figures got too many.At first glance Latorres painting can make many a person buy his figures but it's always wise to look in the box before buying.
    Brian
  18. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    How is it that most modellers buy AFV and figures of the nations that lost their wars
    Brian
  19. everton New Member

United-Kingdom
    I think i might have been a bit hasty with my comment (quote i realy like the figure)at a second glance he does look a bit odd to say the least.but then again mr latorre did win best of show at euro first attempt!!so he cant be that bad.
  20. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Don't worry this figure will sell like hot cakes as most people can except the anatomical inaccuries, especially if it's a Latorre figure ,even me on occasions
    Trust me, everyone and his dog will paint this one
    Brian