1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

News Atelier Maket / Metal Modeles

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ateliermaket, Feb 4, 2021.

1. ateliermaket A Fixture

Switzerland
    The Atelier Maket / Metal Modeles Team is pleased to present its latest novelties in 54 mm
    OFCLB - Bavarian Light Horse Offspring 1809
    SE08 - Lancier of the Imperial Guard 1856 - 1870
    54 mm - Metal
    Sculpture & painting Bruno leibovitz
    Available on our website
    www.ateliermaket.com

OFCLB 72 1.jpg

OFCLB 72 2.jpg OFCLB 72 6.jpg

SE08 72 2.jpg

SE08 72 1.jpg SE08 72 5.jpg
    peedee, Tonton, aknific and 21 others like this.
  2. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Both are superb and beautifully painted, but prefer the Bavarian.
    DaddyO, Jaybo and ateliermaket like this.
  3. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    After so much waiting, finally the METAL MODELS finally of Bruno Leibovitz.
    From the Second Empire with a subject almost never treated (apart from Prestige Miniatures - not very beautiful)
    And maybe the start of a new series, 1st Empire, the Bavarians are coming.
    Metal Models are our first real ally abroad (Naples, Switzerland, Croatia or Italy are considered part of the Empire)
    aknific, Jaybo and ateliermaket like this.
  4. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    The Bavarian is a must get for me. I really like the Bavarian uniforms of le Premier Empire.
    ateliermaket likes this.
  5. Ronaldo A Fixture

They are nice but quite predictable in stance . There is so much that could be done with a bit of tweaking at production level esp with the mounted stuff and increasing the spare parts list , I would like to see a bit more generosity with the metal foil supplied with the kits as now it seems to be in a long narrow strip which is nigh impossible to cut straight.
    Maybe Bruno has some secret method for cutting to proper widths and if so please let us all know Bruno
    This is not a complaint as I love MM stuff :)
    ateliermaket likes this.
  6. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    I like the Lancer very much
    ateliermaket likes this.
  7. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Good to see a Second Empire subject. Le Cimier used to do a couple of the Lancers of the Guard in 90mm.

The white jacket was quite controversial. If I remember correctly, at the Battle of Gravelotte/St. Privat in 1870, some French infantry mistook the Guard Lancers with their white jackets for Prussian cavalry, many of whom also wore white, and shot a large number of them before the mistake was realised.
    Jaybo and ateliermaket like this.
  8. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    ateliermaket and Jaybo like this.
  9. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Both figures are going on my list for sure. The Bavarian is hopefully the first of a line of troops from different nations during the Napoleonic wars. The lancer uniform from the 2nd empire has always been a favorite of mine so I am very pleased to see this one.
    ateliermaket likes this.
  10. ometz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Like both figures (buy they look a little too well fed)
    ateliermaket likes this.
  11. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Yeah !!! This is a very beautiful news ! The paint and the sculpt is just Fantastic ! Thank for this beutiful news ;) And long life to Atelier Maket ;) :love::D(y)
    ateliermaket likes this.
  12. rjray Member

United-States
    Gotta love the lancer...
    ateliermaket and Nap like this.
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Folks

Great to see Atelier/MM releasing ...both really good subjects ...my favourite has to be the 2nd Empire Lancer ...love tge full trousers worn and colourful

Hope we're more from both periods

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    ateliermaket and Viking Bob like this.
  14. Ronaldo A Fixture

Yea and they rode into the First World War wearing the same trousers or should I say pantaloons
    ateliermaket, Viking Bob and Nap like this.
  15. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    A popular style for cavalry since the 1st. Empire, made so by General Lasalle of the Hussars. Good to see both eras being catered for with these excellent releases (y)

Alan
    ateliermaket and Viking Bob like this.
  16. Ronaldo A Fixture

Yea Lasalle got the fashion from the Egyptian campaign and probably could afford proper under drawers as well not like the rank and fill who had to do with the long tailed shirt pulled up between the legs :eek: I hate to think what these guys actually smelt like :D
    Since the smoking ban in public places like pubs buses etc you do notice in some of the less upmarket joints smell pretty bad now that tobacco smell is not masking everything , My last trip on a bus was enough to make me take the car every where now .
    I was still playing in a pub band when smoking was allowed and when you got home your clothes ,guitars ,amps etc were humming with tobacco smoke . Everybody in the swinging sixties stank compared to today .:rolleyes: