1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Newbie to the Forum

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by carpo, May 13, 2004.

1. carpo Active Member

Australia
    Hi all - I have been painting figures for some time and I have very few fellow figure modellers nearby with which to discuss the craft. From what I have seen on this forum, I am privelaged to be in some very talented company!
    I have a website:
    My Webpage
    Where my figures are displayed.
    Most of them are Verlinden (The Australian dollar makes better figures prohibitively expensive)
    I would appreciate any constructive criticism as I feel I am missing something in my technique that continues to frustrate me!!!!
    If you see something that makes you think "Nice - but if you just did this.........."
    I would really appreciate it!
    Carpo
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Paul.......and hard to see anything wrong. The only thing I did notice was maybe have more contrast in your colors. (y)
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Paul!

Welcome to the planet! Great looking figures! I especially like the B-17 Crewmember, great job on him! Looking forward to see more of your stuff!
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi Paul :lol: Welcome to the "planet" ! Your figures look great in the posted photos. Hard to see anything to critique.Looking forward to more from you.Cheers !
    Kenneth ;)
  5. Edson Member

Mexico
    :lol: Hi Paul welcome to these piece of heaven lol just kidding , man all your models are super, and off course the figures are wow, keep up the good work , and we hope to be a support for your questions (off course not me, the other guys lol)

and btw for multi-genre modelists exist also too, planetaircraft.com, planetarmor.com and planetdiorama.com so take a look!!

Cheers
    Ed
  6. carpo Active Member

Australia
    Thanks for the input guys -

Contrast in colours is something I really struggle with - I FEEL like I should work with the colours more but I think that the figures start to look like they have been painted rather than that they are just small people.
    Some very talented painters who can weild their brushes with more skill than I, often seem to overdo the contrast thing - In my humble opinon.
    I am painting a new figure at the moment and I am just going to "bite the bullet" and increase the contrast I am using.
    Will post the results (some time in the distant future)
    Carpo