1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Newbie (more with camera than paint)

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Larry R, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Larry R New Member

Hi all, new member here. Would love some comments on my in-progress Verlinden 120mm Foot Dragoon. So far oils over acrylics. Nothing complete and just started oils on the coat. I’ll go back and finish the helmet later. Thanks, in advance. Great site and thanks for the email Guy.

Larry

Attached Files:

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    (y) " He is looking great Larry" (y) I like the flesh tones that you have achieved and the green, which I always found tough to do well, turned out great. Hey, Keep up the terrific work and post some more pics when you can. If you would like a "Workbench" here at the planet.....just hollar!
  3. Patrick Kirk New Member

Brother,
    'Bout time you jumped in here!
    Excellent tone on the jacket! The contrast between the highlights and shadows are superb! I also like the flesh tone; can't wait to see this finished! Should do you proud my friend!

Patrick
  4. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Great job Larry! (y) Welcome aboard and keep us posted on his progress. :)

-jim cox
  5. Larry R New Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate all your comments. I have gone a little further on this than I show I'll update as soon as possible. I thinkk I'll need a "workbench" Guy.
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Larry..........we will set you up with a workbench sometime today! We all look forward to seeing your work (y)
  7. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    ... Is that really the Verlinden figure :lol: ? It looks SO much better than in the box art!

I look forward to seeing more pics! (y) (y) (y)

Johan
  8. Erikvb New Member

It does looks better then the verlinden boxart!!!

like to see more!!!!! (y)

Erik
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Larry, You are off to a great start, he looks very nice.~Gary
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Larry,

I have to agree, he is looking very nice and I also look forward to seeing more from you! (y)

Joe
  11. Larry R New Member

Hey guys heres an update on the dragoon. Pants and coat done, started rifle (not pictured) and a few touch ups to be made yet...thoughts? Not sure I have enough contrast.

Larry

Attached Files:

12. Larry R New Member

OK please disregard that last post! Try this

Attached Files: