1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Newbie, finished 1st models - truthful feedback please.

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by SimonC, Mar 3, 2021.

1. SimonC Member

Thanks Keith,
    I will certainly look at other peoples work, as I am constantly looking to improve by learning from others.

Kind regards

Simon
  2. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    The flesh tones on sharp are really nice. I think if you can sharpen up your eyes, you will really bring those faces to life.
    Tecumsea and SimonC like this.
  3. SimonC Member

20210331_113034.jpg

Thanks for your post "callmehobbes", I have given the eye a little tweak and hopefully are a little better, but will practice my eye technique.
  4. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    You are well on the way. A useful tip is before putting in the iris colour, put in a black (or dark blue/brown) circle. Make sure the edges are nice and round. Then place the lighter colour of the iris within. This gives the iris a sharper, dark edge. A lot depends on the brushes you use. I sometimes use cocktail sticks for precise dot work. Said it before but the fleshtones look really good. Another tip would be to add some finer lines to the eyebrows to add the hair texture.
    Nap, Jed and SimonC like this.
  5. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Great work Simon
    SimonC likes this.
  6. Bob Orr Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nap and SimonC like this.
  7. Waterlooman A Fixture

SimonC likes this.
  8. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom