1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Zealand Soldier at Gallipoli 1915

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Belcher, May 2, 2007.

1. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Guys,just finished my 54mm figure of NZ Soldier Staff Sergeant Major Marr at Walker's Ridge ,Gallipoli 1915.Marr was killed at Walker's Ridge on May 18th 1915 by sniper fire.The figure is scratch built from Magic Sculpt and Duro epoxy putties.apart from a Airfix Multipose .303 rifle which I got from the spare parts box.It was slightly modified .I painted the figure in Valligo acrylics.Hope you like him.Kind regards John.:)

Attached Files:

2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful work my friend. i like both the sculpting and paintjob on this . I t has a lot of atmosphere !!! Bravo
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work John. I like the composition and the weathering.
  4. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    John another smasher!
  5. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice work John!
  6. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Cool !!!!

VERY NICE, John :D !!!!! Cheers !
    Kenneth ;).
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    John - I can't do better than Stephen's comment - another SMASHER!

One request, if I may - could you lighten the photos a bit? They're a little dark for my old eyes.

All the best,
    Dan
  8. fbackaert Member

Belgium
    Hello John,
    Very well done, nice réalisation, I saw it when your were creating it, just one little thing for you weapon metal, I think it was black/blue metal on the bayonet and the lee-enfield.

Fiendly
    Fernand
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, Very nice. I really like seeing portrait figures of a man from the ranks. What's next?~Gary
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nicely done John! Well sculpted and well painted. A real beauty!

Jay H.
    OKC
  11. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    John,
    I can only echo the others. Good work.

Marc
  12. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi John
    Compliment good Work ... interesting scratch....... and good also the scene ;)

MAB :)
  13. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Well done

Hi John
    Great figure and paint-job, well done.
    Pete
  14. chris1 Active Member

John

Very Very nice, its good to see KIWIs represented in the modelling world
    a quick question I was going to put it as a post.Approx how long to sculpt an average 54mm fig??(I know its a little like asking how long is a piece of string)
    just as a guide

Cheers
    Chris
  15. callum Member

Hi John,

Nice bit of work, just in time for Wellington. I'm sure it will do well. Speak to you soon.

Regards Callum.
  16. Theodoros Well-Known Member

Greece
    John you are a real artist ! Both your job sculpting and painting, is well done ! I like your chaki tones.
  17. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    another picture

Hello Costas,Guy,Stephen,Chris,Kenneth,Dan,Fernand,Gary,Jay,Marc,Maurizio Peter,Chris 1,Callum and Theodoros,many thanks for all the kind words on my figure.Fernand you are right about the blue black colour on the metal of .303 the photo shows it not as true.I will post another picture which might show it better.Callum,yes just in time to take him to the I.P.M.S Nationals in Wellington NZ.Kind regards to all John:)

Attached Files:

18. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Sweet! I like the lighting on this photo much better, John!

All the best,
    Dan