1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New World Miniatures Saipan Marine WWII

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by dancap3286, Apr 5, 2010.

1. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    This is my latest commision work for a client (actually have another one to do). It is the great sculpt by John Rosengrant in 120MM. Figure is painted as always in Vallejo Acrylics. Quality of the pics are not great but that is on par for me.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Trep, Steve, Dennis and 10 others like this.
  2. Panzer Active Member

United-States
  3. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Hi Dan, was wondering where ya been, haven't seen anything new from you in a little while. Definetly looks like you have been busy. This looks great- always happy to see your fine work.
    Scott
  4. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice job to a fine figure! The ground work looks top shelf too! Just a little side note. Cpl. Chuck Lindberg of the 2nd Raiders carried a 12 Ga. on the Canal. He helped raise the "First" flag on Iwo Jima.

Nick
    RS4
  5. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Looking very nice Dan, welldone!!!

Ray ;)
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful piece of painting, excellent groundwork to boot.
    Carl.
  7. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    It looks very life-like, Dan! Really appreciate the vertical lines across the shirt.

I understand that Rosengrant's 120mm works include quite a few US soldiers but I could never find someone (firm) who sells these US figures :p

Another bizarre thing is that S & T, the company that owns most of Rosangrant's 120mm line, does not seem to have a proper website of their own. This makes purchase of their latest set (panzer crew with section of King Tiger) virtually impossible (especially in UK).

Do you happen to have a solution to either puzzles?
    Thanks in advance!
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Your work is brilliant . The only bad thing for me is that these beautiful Rosengrant sculptures come only in the big scale i dont paint . If only they were 90mm or 75mm i d definately paint a lot of them !!

Good work Bravo

Costas
  9. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Costas,
    Rosengrant, the master that he is, also came up with a dozen of 1/35 WW2 figures for US and Germany. And they are classic Rosengrant. I hope these are not too small for you though:cool:
  10. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Chris and Scott...

thanks alot. This is the first figure I've painted in awhile Scott as I have renovated my apartment and have been busy playing with my new Shelby GT500 Mustang (540HP baby yeah!!!!!) I'm getting all my commission work done now cuz I need some extra cash for my daughters sweet 16 party. Mucho dineros for this party! Thanks again guys.
  11. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Michael...

I don't know who in the UK carry these but I can tell you that www.coloradominiatures.com is my source for S&T or really anything Rosengrant has commercially sculpted. HTH!
  12. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Interesting info Nick...

thanks for your response!
  13. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    I like him very well, I also like sculpts from John.
    Thanks for showing, you did a very fine job.
    I like the matt looking.
    Only missed a smoke from cigarette...
  14. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Ray, Carl, Michael and Costas...

thank you very much for your comments!
  15. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Stephan...

thank you very much for the comment!
  16. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Excellent work Dan on John's fine figure.

Cheers David
  17. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    appreciate that David...

thanks alot!
  18. Werwulf New Member

Canada
    Dancap, that mini look superb! Any way you could divulge the colors you used as you captured the dungarees and green side out frog skins excelently!
  19. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Hi Dave...

thanks for the comment. Glad you like it. For the herringbone if I remember correctly I used Vallejo US dark green mixed with white for the hi-lites. For the green side out frog skins I used a base of vallejo khaki mixed with a little Russian uniform green, then I used US dark green, chocolate brown and English uniform for the chips.