1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Warriors 5 figure set

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by bchilstrom, Feb 11, 2004.

1. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    This was a true joy to paint. A little tricky getting the figures all lined up and mounted to the base. But I really did enjoy this one. On to the next project. "Send in the Marines".......

Attached Files:

2. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    Here's another from the back

Attached Files:

3. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Bill, that looks very good! I like it! (y) (y) (y)
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bill!

You did great on this one! It really looks super, both the sculpting and the painting. Hopefully I'll get to see this one in the flesh sometime :)
  5. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    Thank you Anders, I really appreciate the kind words. I really did enjoy this project the whole way through. We are considering publishing a book on some of my projects, this one will definately be one of them.

Are you coming over to Gordons place in the near future. He mentioned something about you visiting, if so be sure to call me and we can visit the VLS facility. We will be at Gordons too.
  6. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Nice work Bill. I'd love to see a book of your projects.
  7. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent! (y)

I really like the touch of sweat on the back of the front right marine!
  8. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I agree with all the positive comments.

I'd love to see some pics of the wounded Marine. Wounds and blood are difficult to capture. I am always looking for ideas on how to do this well!

Keith
  9. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    That looks awesome Bill! Great job!!! I really admire your work. Thanks for sharing. (y) (y) (y)
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bill,

Yeah Gordy and I were talking about it but never set a date. Would be great to meet you, Gordy and Joe and maybe work on some stuff together :) . John might also want to come along!
  11. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    The more the merrier, keep me posted.

Bill
  12. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bill, That is just fantastic. The interaction between the figures is first rate, congratulations. I have a "gee wiz" sort of question, The one marine has what looks like unit markings on the back of his shirt. What is it? Thanks.~Gary
  13. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Very nice and I liked this piece in Resin colour painted its Outstanding

Robin
  14. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi Bill :lol:
    Excellent job on the figures (y) I especially like the way the worn look of the uniforms were captured on paint What colour mix did you use ? Looking forward to your next project in the Forum.Cheers
    Kenneth
  15. Patrick Kirk New Member

Bill,
    This is an excellent vignette...and the subtleness between the uniforms is awesome! I like the way you pulled off the wounded Marine...nice!
    Like Gary, I gotta wonder what that emblem on the back of the Marine on the left rear (looking from the back) is...care to share?
    Well done! Thanks for sharing

Patrick
  16. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Wow Bill! Great job! Wish I could get in on that little meeting you guys are setting up and just observe, but FL to MO is just too long of a weekend drive. :(

-jim cox
  17. Larry R New Member

WOW, Bill great work...how much time from start to finish?
  18. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    Thanks for the compliments. My painting technique is the same one described in the Brett Avants book from Letterman Publishing, available from VLS at modelmecca.com. Product no. LP 007.

These figures will be released in resin by Warriors in May.

Bill
  19. johnbrewer New Member

Very, very cool work. Well done (y) (y)