1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Warriors 5 figure set

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by bchilstrom, Jan 29, 2004.

1. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    This is my latest set of 1/35 scale figures for Warriors. It depicts four U.S. Marines carrying a wounded comrade on a stretcher. The figures are missing their M1 rifles and K-Bar knives, as I have not received castings of them yet.

This set will be the basis for several conversions to other Marine figures. A 2-man com wire team laying wire, all four will be given new arms and converted to four men advancing behind a Marine Sherman (coverage of this set will be shown in David Harpers upcoming book on modeling Marine Shermans). A few more conversions are planned.

I really enjoyed sculpting this set, and I am really happy with the look of the cloth and fine details, can't wait to start painting them.

Semper Fi,

Bill

Attached Files:

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome Bill...........love your work and wouldn't mind putting a brush to them too.......please post some pics when you have them painted. (y)
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice looking set Bill! A lot of action there!
  4. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bill,

I did not know that you were allowed on the computer! As always you know I love your work and hopefully I can make it out there before to long.

Joe

PS Bill have them set up a workbench and gallery for you!
  5. Pete_H New Member

Hey, looking good, Bill! This is definitely a set I'd pick up to paint. You're right - lots of conversion possibilities here. Here's a thought: would the Japanese helmet look better upside down? I remember seeing several helmets falling to the ground and rarely did I see them fall face up. Just a thought ...
  6. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work,

Robin
  7. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Very,very nice,Bill (y) Looking forward to seeing them painted.Post more pictures please :lol: Cheers Kenneth.
  8. Patrick Kirk New Member

Bill,
    The charactor of the face with each figger is amazing...Am sure that these will become very popular...great work! Will you be using acrylics or oils on them?
    All the best

Patrick
  9. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Great work Bill, thanks for sharing it with us!

-jim cox
  10. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    GREAT work Bill. Can't wait to see them painted also.
  11. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Excellent work Bill. Nice to see you on the planet.
  12. poch mahone Active Member

Scotland
    This is one for my wish list, great work Bill

Brian
  13. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Love your work Bill and this is no exception.
  14. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bill, Very nice work. You have captured the look of the uniforms and movement very well. Welcome to Planet Figure.~Gary
  15. quang Active Member

Belgium
    From a sculptor's point of view, 'doing' several figures moving in unison is a very tricky exercise.

Not only you've done it brilliantly but the rhythm of your composition is a genuine tour-de-force.

I take my hat off to you, Bill! (y) (y) (y)

Quang
  16. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    Thanks for all of the positive encouragement, I'm painting the castings as we speak. Here are a few in progress photos of the set. I will post more of the progress of the individual figures if there is any interest.

Attached Files:

17. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    Hers another pic

Attached Files:

18. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    We would love to see the progress of these Bill.............post away. Thanks
  19. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent! Would love to see all you got of the in progress stuff!
  20. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Fantastic post,Bill (y) (y) I'm taking notes even as we speak More,please !Kenneth :lol: