1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Viking North American site spotted??

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tomifune, Apr 1, 2016.

1. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    EXCELLENT ! ! !
    I have always believed the Scandic travellers must have
    reache and explored Nova Scotia and Newfoundland to some degree.
    I would love to see these sites 'proven'.

It is difficult for me to believe that whilst archealogical digs across the rest of the American continent show soil profiles that show no trace of anything other than Neolithic or Paleolithic age settlement artifacts before the European arrivals, and yet here, for no reason, some local indigenous technology sprung up to smelt metals and then died out.

There can only be one reason, the import of technology by outsiders.
    the use of Lidar and infra red high altitude ground mapping is going to expose so much more and so many more such sites that it is a really excting time for history watchers and maybe even the birth of a 'new way' of non-invasive surveying.

I cannot wait to see more on this !

Thank you very much for sharing once again.

Paul.
    tomifune and DEL like this.
  3. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    peedee and tomifune like this.