1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

new starter

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Malcolm££, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Malcolm££ New Member

i am a model maker and painter in East Grinstead I generally do model railways but I recently became more interested in painting(both brush and air brush) models and model kits
    I have been modeling for a good few years mainly railways ( I was the first heat winner on the great model railway challenge ) This lockdown prompted me to raise my game so I hope to find help and may be some local people who I could get together with
  2. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Welcome Malcolm (sorry). You will doubtless find a lot of support via this platform in whatever you choose to do figure-wise. A friend of mine from way back had a model shop in East Grinstead for a while. I think he sold up and moved back here to Oxfordshire. Not seen him lately. His name was Mark.

Phil
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome to the site.
    Steve
  4. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Welcome from an old starter

starter.jpg
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Malcolm

A BIG ŴELCOME to PF

Great to have you with us ....share the PF word , all are very welcome to join ..no matter what's modelled with figures

Do ask any questions someone will know

Lots of different sections to look at including traditional and 3 D sculpting , competitions , WIP's , References , Painting techniques and so much more

There are threads in Welcome Aboard about how to do things including posting pics on PF but feel free to message me always happy to help

We have V Bench for WIP's and also a Completed part ,reference section

There's also Painting techniques where you will find much about Acrylics and Oils

ALL figures are welcome and of course Vignettes & Diorama ( we run friendly competitions if you wish as well , one called FOTM where there are 3 classes to choose in which to enter )

Look forward to seeing your modelling no matter what you paint ..its all about having fun

Happy bench-time

Nap ( Moderator/Admin )