1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Soldiers

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ltom74, Nov 16, 2005.

1. ltom74 Member

Hungary
    [IMG]
    Sculpture: A. Laruccia
    Scale: 54mm
    ROMAN HASTATUS PUNIC WARS 3 C BC

...and falshirmjager painted
    [IMG]
  2. Guayo New Member

Wow, I like the German Para, but I don't paint 90mm, is this some type of complot against 54's
  3. Caratacus New Member

4. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    :eek: Hello Dr Mike! :eek:

:lol:
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Maybe it's the lighting, photo, painting, long coat or ?, but the distance from the feet to the knees of the Fallschirmjager looks too short. I agree first rate sculpting, just that one quibble from the peanut gallery.

All the best,
    Dan
  6. Pete_H New Member

Dan,
    I think it's more due to the appearance given by the jump smock. When unbuttoned - the bottom part was supposed to be buttoned around each leg - the smock hung either slightly above or just below the knees, depending on the height of the paratrooper wearing. I think in this case the smock hangs just below the knees, giving the appearance that the shins are too short.
    Overall, I think the uniform detail looks pretty good, as well as the field gear. I do think, though, that the brown in the pattern appears a bit too red and there's way too much of it on there.
  7. Caratacus New Member

:lol: Hi Rob! So, this is where you hang out!