1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"New" Scale 75 paints

Discussion in 'Acrylics' started by Nap, Nov 5, 2014.

1. mick3272 A Fixture

Is it a New formula.? additional colours,? or just New labels ?

Mick
  2. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The vast array of acrylics is staggering with some modellers having the full spectrum :rolleyes:
    I only use them for base coating and even at that have forty shades :eek: or is it fifty , if I include the oils well it becomes ridicules
  3. mick3272 A Fixture

Ron , That was O'Rafferty's Motor Car that had 40 shades. :D
    Mick
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The sheer number of acrylic paints and paint sets available now is insane. It's the same for aircraft and AFV modellers as well, with everyone and his dog launching new ranges and sets what seems like every month.

It's great to have choice. But on the other hand, surely there comes a point at which the choice becomes too much and you end up completely bamboozled by all the various options, so finish up just sticking to tried & tested formulas that you know work. Like Ron, I only use acrylics for basecoating but still probably have far more than I actually need.

- Steve
  5. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Call me an old cynic but this looks like a repackaging job to me. There are only so many shades of red, blue, etc but endless ways to rebrand them.

I have bought a few sets of Scale 75 paints but, in my experience, they do take quite a lot of shaking and stirring to get to a useable state - even with bead shakers in the bottles - and I wouldn't say the coverage is good.

My best recent investment was in the Jo Sonja range. The tube paints cover fantastically and are relatively inexpensive. They also do sets of muted browns, beiges, bluey greys and greens (their Vintage range) which are the most useful colours for non-fantasy subjects. (I believe firmly, if you buy ready-mixed paints, then you cant have too many shades of brown for leather straps etc :))
    Babelfish likes this.
  6. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Ron, certainly your idea will be a money makier machine.
    regards
  7. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello folks,
    i've got my scale 75 fantasy "creatures from Hell" paints set.
    the colors are great, consistency it's the same as the scale color.
    they seem a little more vibrant colors and they dry matt but not as crazy matt as the scale color.
    20160115_185725.jpg 20160115_185803.jpg 20160115_185920.jpg
  8. ranchhand Active Member

United-States
    I fell in love with scale 75 and have almost their entire range now. the metalics are superb btw
    MarquisMini likes this.
  9. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

I heard their metalics are great, i think i will give it a try
  10. ranchhand Active Member

United-States

I have converted a few of my painter friends over to them, you wont be disappointed!
    MarquisMini likes this.
  11. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I believe you!