1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

new russian

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Oct 19, 2006.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Just a few pics to show you what I'm working on lately.

Attached Files:

2. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Another

Attached Files:

3. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    figure

Attached Files:

4. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    back

Attached Files:

5. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    closeup

Attached Files:

6. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    closeup 2

Attached Files:

7. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good work Stephen,Looks great already,Looking forward to see some more!
    Keep us posted
    christos
  8. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Stephen you really did a great job so far on this figure. I really like the detail that you've put into it. :) Is it gonna be a commercial kit?

Xenofon
  9. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    nice work my friend. You do detailed and clean sculpting . Waitiing for more
  10. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks guys very appreciated. I still need to do a lot of polishing to clean up everything.

Xenofon, yes this will be commercial

Stephen Mallia
  11. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Looks very good
    keep on posting
  12. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Stephen,

very good sculptjob. Can`t await to see it finished !!!

Cheers,
    Markus

:) :) :)
  13. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Stephen, excellent work so far, looking forwardd to seeing more.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  14. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice stuff Stephen! I really like the quilted armor, expecially on the horse. Keep us posted!

Jay H.
    OKC
  15. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks guys. Will keep you posted

Stephen Mallia
  16. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Stephen, my friend :lol: !
    GREAT JOB on the sculpting (y) (y) !!!!! I noticed the armour on the horse is of different colours; are they different types of putty ? Just curious. Anyhow, WELL DONE, Stephen !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  17. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Stephen,

I'll be waiting for your next step.

Marc
  18. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks Marc and Kenneth. Yes the armour on the horse was done with a mix of MS and duro ( green parts) and MS and magic carve ( red parts) I wasn't that happy with the latter mix and will change it next time. Thanks for looking.

Stephen Mallia
  19. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Great work, Stephen. I especially like the chain mail. Can't wait to see this finihsed.
  20. dario966 New Member

Stephen,
    having seen this work-in-progress and admiring the effects of your skill and talent, I do not want to become a harbinger of bad news but your horse - only the head, neck and the parts of the shoulder and back visible - suffers from a way too long neck or from a too small head. For a war horse this neck-to-head ratio would have been absolutely impotant and crucial, perhaps disqualifying this animal from serice.
    Perhaps the camera angle and photography distorted the lenght of the ncek versus its head etc, so if so then I may be wrong.
    Naturally for a perfect warmount you want a neck that is not longer than its head, a neck that is quite powerful and yet graceful. Long neck is good for show horses, that just walk and pace nicely. Neck-head measurements - you measure horses head from the edge of the upper nostril to the poll, and its neck from the wing of the atlas to the shoulder or so.
    If you email me I will send you some pictures directly to better explain on this sibject.
    Dario