1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New releases from Tommy's War

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Tommys War, Apr 25, 2013.

1. DarioZ Member

Another great figure, congratulations Darren.
    My favorite is a sergeant, incredible character.
    Darek
    Tommys War likes this.
  2. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Not my era but Tommy's War makes it tough to resist sometimes. I've already bought one of the Highlanders and this crusty old sergeant is awfully tempting(y)
    Tommys War likes this.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Perfect job Darren.
    Like all of your stuff. But that trench is amazing.
    Definetily on the to buy list for Euro.
    Marc
    Tommys War likes this.
  4. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for all the positive comments.

Copy of the completed trench section with both figures:

[IMG]
  5. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I've had a lot of emails regarding an item unique to the RWF, the 'flash'.

The Flash is a black ribbon (made up of 5 overlapping pieces of ribbon) worn by officers on the back of the next, it comes from post- American War of Independence and the change in practice for the army to wear their long hair in ribbon. The Regiment were in Nova Scotia at the time and didn't receive the order (or said they didn't) and continued the wear. In 1834 the Regiment received Royal permission to wear the ribbon, commonly called the 'Flash'.

I decided to produce RWF figures in November 2012, I started with the basis that I wanted to show figures in a trench situation in winter clothing. I looked at which Regiment was where during this time and the 2nd RWF fitted the bill. The Regiment was in the trenches south of Ypres through the winter and were part of the Christmas truce in 1914. So they were chosen.

Unfortunately, at this time I didn't know about the flash, and I wasn't aware of it until Nino had sculpted the master and the moulds were made. Therefore, it was too late in to the process to change the officer figure.

So, I'm afraid the figure doesn't have the flash on the reverse collar:

[IMG]

So, hands up! My error.

I guess it shows I am only human and its a lesson learned, I don't think it spoils what is still a great figure and certainly the flash wasn't always worn. However, the oversight is entirely mine!

I hope this explains everything.

Darren
  6. JonP PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Great figures again Darren, look forward to seeing them in the flesh tomorrow.
    So many figures, so little time :D
    Tommys War likes this.
  7. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you Darek.

The Sergeant is the front-runner in terms of sales at the moment.

He is based on a combination of the Old Bill character from the Bill Bairnsfather cartoons (anyone who knows me knows I am a fan of Bairnsfather) and Dick Strawbridge, a UK 'celebrity' (well, ish...).

I wanted to get the old soup strainer in, credit to Nino for getting it spot-on!

Marc, if you think these are worth picking up at Euro then wait to see what's coming!! It gets better!
    Iguazzu likes this.
  8. frog Active Member

England
    Some more must have's
  9. jositomanito Active Member

United-States
    As always....AMAZING !!!!!
    My order (the complete scene) is on the way to Samarkanda from Spain.
    Congratulations !!!!
    Best regards.
    JM.
    Tommys War likes this.
  10. pte1643 Active Member

That's exceptional work, both sculpting and painting.

But... Black boots on a Rupert?
  11. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Ordered, any plans to produce trench paraphernalia? (SRD bottles, phone, etc). Great piece all round.
  12. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Wellies Pete.
    Should be Barbour though.;)
    Carl.(y)
    pte1643 likes this.
  13. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
  14. pte1643 Active Member

Doh!!! I deserve to facepalm myself for that... Didn't even consider wellies. :facepalm:
  15. JonP PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Saw these in the flesh at the weekend, at the BMSS show, and they are absolutely stunning.
    They are on my list but will have to wait until the Douglas, rider and RE Officer are done :)
    Iguazzu likes this.
  16. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for all the feedback and comments.

Sales exceeded my expectations, that's obviously great. I wasn't sure how the trench diorama would be received, but over half of customers that bought the figures also bought the base, so that's great and gives me the impetus to do more of them.

Next up are an Aussie of the 11th AIF at Gallipoli 1915 and Sergeant of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry 1915. I think the Aussie is going to be a huge success. Both are released at Figure World in July.

The Sergeant in the latest release has been very popular, it is clear that the more character that the figure has then the more modellers like it, so that is something to take forward.

So, thanks again to everyone for your support and encouragement - Tommy's War marches on!
    housecarl likes this.
  17. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Figures and base just arrived, great set. Look forward to the next issue.

The base is superb.
    Tommys War and Iguazzu like this.
  18. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Will get a WIP up when I get started.
    crf likes this.