1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New releases from Tommy's War

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Tommys War, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    In 2010 I decided to release two World War British figures to "give it a go", the period seemed neglected to me but I had no idea if they would be popular. I set myself the target of selling 20 of those figures. In 2011 figures TW32001 and TW32002 were launched and here we are ten years later!

As part of the anniversary there will be a number of new releases, including these announced today;

TW32BE53 and TW32BE54 Lewis Gun Team

• TW32BE53 - Private (1), 28th Bn Canadian Expeditionary Force, Mons 1918
    • TW32BE54 - Private (1), 28th Bn Canadian Expeditionary Force, Mons 1918

Sculpted in 1/32 scale these figures were sculpted by Nino Pizzichemi with box art by Alex Long.

Available to buy here;

TW32BE53

TW32BE54

More images are available here and you can read about Lewis Gun organisation during World War One here

[IMG]

These figures were named as 28th Bn Canadian Expeditionary Force to commemorate Private George Price, a Lewis Gun Number 1 of the 28th who was killed in action at 10:58am of the 11th November 1918 and the last British Empire soldier killed in action on the Western Front.

I chose to commemorate Private Price as the range began ten years ago with one of the first British Regiments to enter Mons in 1914 (TW32001, Private 4th Bn Middlesex Regiment) who, it is said, had the first casualty in action of World War One when Private John Parr died on the 21st August 1914.

The sad irony is that despite their being four years between their deaths and the loss of millions of men both John Parr and George Price are buried in the same military cemetery on the outskirts of Mons.

As always with Tommy's War, we remember all those lost in all theatres between 1914 and 1918.

The second release celebrates the ten year anniversary of Tommy's War, and depicts the visit of King George V on one of his frequent visits to the Western Front in World War One.

The visit of King George V, France 1918

Once again, sculpted by Nino Pizzichemi and with box art by Alex Long. I hope you agree it's a very accurate sculpt of the King.

• TW32S06 - The visit of King George V 1918

Available to buy here;

TW32S06

You can read more about the King's visits to the battlefield here

[IMG]

There has also been an update to stock today with TW32S01 (Nery set), 13 pounder, 18 pounder, carriage limber, bases (including the German, British and 5x5) plus the Clyno Vickers combination all back in stock - plus a number of figures shown previously out of stock.

Due to huge demand in 2020 and the first quarter of 2021 I've been showing low or no stock on many items for some time, but please be assured we're constantly casting to keep up with demand. Currently cavalry figures are out of stock, and they are next in production and due back in stock in April.

I'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone on Planet Figure for your support and friendship over these ten years, it is appreciated, and I sincerely hope that as the Covid situation improves that we find ourselves able to meet-up again.

Thank you

Darren
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Ten years Darren, we're all getting old.
    Super releases as ever mate.(y)
    mil-mart, anstontyke and DaddyO like this.
  3. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Love this range of figures and these are outstanding examples
    (Although I find this whole period quite upsetting emotionally so I've only got one completed figure from TW in my collection at the moment with a few others in boxes because I think the range is so well produced)
    The sculpting and casting are excellent in every example I've seen - Good luck with these and I look forward to the next 10 years.(y)
    Paul
    anstontyke and Jed like this.
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Two more fantastic releases; I especially like the King George set.
    anstontyke likes this.
  5. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Is the figure with the King anyone in particular? Obviously not Haig, presumably an ADC?

Would be good for TW to produce some more personality figures (hint!).
    anstontyke likes this.
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ten years Wow and as the saying goes, time flies when you're having fun. Excellent releases Darren.(y)(y)
  7. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Honoured to have been a small part of the Tommy’s team Darren.
    Your vision, persistence, courage & tenacity to bring us this range have helped us all connect with the legacy left by our forebears.
    Through this decade long journey we’ve come to understand & appreciate new friendships in pursuit of a mutual interest sparked by your range of miniatures.
    We’re indebted to you for this gift my friend.
    MikeTheKiwi
    Andrew Belsey, Tom W. and housecarl like this.