1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New releases - Des Kit

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by milminwh, Sep 28, 2005.

1. milminwh Member

Greetings,
    The French manufacturer, Des Kit has been busy with some new 54-mm scale resin kit releases. I only have a photo of one of two of the ACW, which depicts a couple of US Navy figures, 1861-1865 (officer holding telescope and sailor). They could be viewing the oncoming Hunley submarine from the deck of the USS Housitanic! Figure base depicts a ship deck. Minor conversions on the officer could be done to convert to Confederate.
    They actually appear well sculpted, and can make good additions to the many 54-mm scale naval guns made by Cottage Industries and Verlinden.
    Des Kit figures in 54-mm tend to be on the smaller side (like Shenandoah, Verlinden, etc.)
    Their other release is of a bare foot Confederate infantry soldier in 54 mm scale resin (photo not available yet).
    They also have a new 54 mm scale viking that can be viewed here:
    Des Kit web site

Here's a photo of the US Navy figures:

[IMG]

Regards,
    John
    Military Miniatures Warehouse
  2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    There is something that looks off about the deminsions of the sailor, those of use that focus on the ACW need more naval subjects and I am a big fan of DES KIT, so I'll be buying these (SOMEDAY). A bare foot reb, on the heels of the soon to be released MR figure, it might be a bit much, but I will wait and see as I am working on a dio that could requires scads of raggity rebs. BTW thanks for posting the link, didn't know they had a website.