1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New release of Nutsplanet for May!!

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Nutsplanet, May 4, 2015.

1. zernina A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    (y) Super! Brilliant!
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  2. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Irrespective of any perceived or indeed actual historical inaccuracies in terms of facial features, this is a magnificent bust and should be a delight to paint.
    Gary
    Tommi and Gaudin like this.
  3. Mark S Guest

Beautifully crafted bust indeed but what a monster....too much for my sensibilities I'm afraid.
  4. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
    another small detail,please correct the box,Caesar not was an emperor!!!!!!!
    maco61, tomifune and Gaudin like this.
  5. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I will partially reverse myself. I googled busts of Caesar and was surprised to find quite a cross section of differing portrait images. While I am used to seeing a very lean and balding Caesar, I have to admit that not all extant busts look to be of the same person. There is a degree if commonality but there are differing head shapes, profiles, eye shapes and sizes on many versions. Not really surprising given that they come from a span of hundreds of years over a wide geographical area with limited communications. So who is to say what Julius actually looked like?
    fabrizio1969 likes this.
  6. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I might be missing something here, but it doesn't actually say Julius Caesar on the box, just "Caesar":cool:. To me, he looks a little like Vespasian. Or his son ,Titus. Could be Tiberius as well. Pick a Caesar, and enjoy what is a marvellous sculpture(y). Knowing my limitations, I might do it as a bronze!:shy:

Alan
  7. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
    true !!!!! you have reason
  8. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
    no the armor is from julios caesar Cesare_statua1 (1).jpg
  9. Perseas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Another excellent bust fron Nuts Planet!
    As Alan said, the box doesnt specify which Caesar is depicted and also doesnt specify the time, BC or AC.
    So there is a wide field of glory for everyone to paint and name it.
    Congratulations Nuts planet!!!
    Tarracus likes this.
  10. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    He is a bit of a brute for sure ...;)
  11. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Awesome sculpting , will definitely be buying this one.

Cheers David
  12. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb sculpting.
    Gordon
  13. Paul20100 A Fixture

France
    The bust discovered in Arles, in the river Rhône, is known as the most contemporary representation of Julius Caius.

image.jpg
  14. Paul20100 A Fixture

France
    This said, the bust from Nutsplanet is a great piece.
  15. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    The bust Looks very similar to the German actor Christian Tramitz...:

[IMG]

:D
  16. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    I agree with Gaudin in that this piece is open to interpretation.Nobody knows exactly what Caesar looked like and no one knows how good the sculptor was in his interpretation on the ancient representations.
    Hard to dispute this is an excellent sculpt all the way around.
    I think this piece is a great piece and I am surely tempted.But I will use my usual style by looking at the pics so much and studying and find a reason to not buy this piece;and if I cannot find a reason not to buy this.My anniversary present to my wife might take a hit.......:)........She sees this I'm locked in the basement............Wayne
  17. big_game_nerd New Member

United-States
    Point of fact is that this and all of their items are superbly sculpted and cast. The small things, and who it may be modeled after do not bother me at all. I am looking for an overall representation and this serves quite well. Stop counting rivets and examining weld patterns, and enjoy.
    sd0324 likes this.
  18. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Well said nerd...appreciate your input....Wayne.........Sorry for being so short.....but I think you will find a great bunch of guys here that are more than willing to help in most any question you have.......Feel comfortable.........but I have to be honest....Find a new name for your avatar....this site is NOT a video game................Regards............Wayne:)
  19. gommolo Active Member

United-States
    Julius Caesar never had the title of Emperor. The first war Ottaviano Augusto. Probably the name of the new of Nuts is referred to the title of Caesar, not to the name
  20. big_game_nerd New Member

United-States
    Dear Sir, if this is a friendly site, PM next time please. I am a big game hunter and modelling nerd, not a video game person. I am also on many other painting/modelling boards this is not the only one.