1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Release Historia Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Christosjager, Dec 23, 2012.

1. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Safest way to go is to paint Donald Duck these days!!!!!
    I ll take the nephews!!!!
    Carlos69, MarquisMini and Meehan34 like this.
  2. Blackship Active Member

Greece
    The way this thread goes it seems that the "politically correct " concept will be introduced to our hobby ! So please lets go back on track !
  3. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It is 'just a hobby', but I think we must allow for the fact that some figures will produce strong feelings in those who themselves, or whose families and friends, have suffered at the hands of the figure that has been sculpted. We must also allow for the fact that modern sensibilities are different from those in the past, and that the further away we are in time from the figure modelled, the less offensive it may seem.

In ancient times, all civilisations had slaves. The Roman empire was built on slavery, but all Rome's enemies also had slaves. Today we regard slavery as being abhorrent, had we lived two thousand years ago, we may have had different opinions. I remain in two minds over the Templars, who were formidable soldiers, but whose religious fanaticism resulted in what we would today regard as war crimes. To some degree, one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist. I think the main difference is that those who fight in uniform for their country against others doing likewise are usually acting honourably. Those who do not, are not.

As for the bust itself, it has been well sculpted and painted, as to whether it catches the spirit of the man, or his suitability as a subject, that has been more than covered by previous planeteers.

Mike
    mil-mart likes this.
  4. JasonB Moderator

United-States
  5. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Congratulations to Christos on a great sculpted and painted bust , enough said.:stop: (y)

Cheers Ken
    housecarl and dArtagnan like this.
  6. Noel Walker Active Member

Oh, please dont leave out those noted warmongerers FDR, Ole Harry T, & of course JFK
  7. Michael Kontraros Active Member

Greece
    I have seen the bust and I must tell you all it it VERY VERY GOOB...
    Christos...you ROCK
  8. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    I'm just catching up with this thread, here we go again !

Reminds me of the bashing German soldier sculpts get or dare I say it soldiers wearing SS camo or SS runes etc .. "You paint therefore you are .. " total BOLXXX ! Its the Marxists turn ! It's about time the Neg' brigade stopped posting or turning threads on painting MINIATURE figures in to political crap ! I'm not a fan of this chap at all but that wouldn't stop me painting him. The sculpt is the only thing I take In to account as most of the figures we paint are stained with blood. Some more than others ... If however this sculpt showed him in some cold blooded murderous slaughter of Inocent people, as was often the case I'd leave it well alone. I sympathise with guys like Ernest and others though, for who it's alot closer to home. Sculpting from more recent times you have to expect some body out on the World Wide Web could have been through or knows somebody, or are living with the after effects of such Regimes, etc .. These guys are genuine and have a right to voice there concern I think, BUT it is the Negative moaning here's another Nazi, murderer etc etc etc jump on the political he paints this therefor he is a .... Brigade that do my nut in and want Banning from ALL forums !

Sorry Tommi. And Christos I wish your new range all the best buddy !

Carlos
  9. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    I think that the bust is great.

I think that the discussion of the political side of the hobby is interesting and valid, but with no offenses.

I think that this thread is not the place for that discussion.

I think that "Historia" is one of the coolest names for a miniatures company ever.

And that is it.

Regards to all from Brazil

Filipe
    Theodoros likes this.
  10. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Christos,
    a portait-figure is always a hard task and in my eyes you have succeeded. Compared to the picture that inspired you for the bust I can see a slight difference around the eyes but thumbs up for a great job and taking into account that this is one of the first releases of your company I am looking forward to future projects.

The thread itself is a shame but might give your product nevertheless some more attention.
    I wonder what some people are doing during X-mas-time - obviously not celebrating with their loved ones and/or modelling or painting anything - but fighting another internet-war about ideology:arghh:
    A quote from "Life of Brian": If you want to join the People's Front of Judea, you have to really hate the Romans! My suggestion:
    Over here some members could start the Planeteers Front of Judea (matching color for the emoticon above) and everybody who really hates the Romans, Germans, Russians, Americans, Brits and maybe himself can join in.
    So, Christos, keep looking at the bright side of life:D and start working on your next project.
    Cheers, Martin
    Don, Blackship, Sirrius and 3 others like this.
  11. polyphemus Well-Known Member

Perhaps we need another forum where controversial views can be aired and members can knock seven shades out of each other without knocking other threads off topic.

BTW nice sculpt & paintjob of a controversial subject.

Geoff
    MCPWilk likes this.
  12. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Christos and Dimitri - don't let you impress by a few political "hygienists" and keep on!

Beautiful bust!

Cheers
  13. Bimmer3.5csl Active Member

Greece
    Another beautiful job on your assets....Well Done Christos.(y)
    I wish a Ηappy Νew Υear Αnd Good Luck.!!!!
  14. Bobby Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice work man ;)