1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Release from Tin-Berlin

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by middlshipman, Aug 28, 2020.

1. middlshipman Well-Known Member

Germany
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

A good action piece from Oleg and well painted ...sure it will be popular

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  3. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The painting is fantastic and I hope it is popular. But Kev ........... this is just about Oleg's ONLY action pose!! :ROFLMAO:

So many of them seem to be minor variations of a single "slight crouch, one leg in front of the other, twist of the hip, weapon poised ready to strike" kind of posture.

He's a great talent for sure, and I have several of his pieces myself. But in my very humble opinion he really needs to shake things up and stir the pot a bit more in terms of pose variety.

Would I buy this one? Possibly ... in time. And with cash burning a hole in my pocket. But for the aforementioned reason, it's not shot straight to the top of my "Must-Have" list.

- Steve
    Oda, Redcap and Nap like this.
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    This looks the business. As good a 90mm action figure as I've seen in a while and it works well as a stand alone.
    At this scale it'll stand or fall on the sculpting and casting of the mail.
    Cheers
    Derek
  5. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    +1 to Steve's comments and I raised this same pose issue before on PF as it seems that there is one piece or idea that is constantly 'tweaked' to create a 'new release'.

I have a number of his pieces in the Mercury and Altores ranges which all are variations of this pose but just in different clothing and carrying different weapons; so why buy another?

His sculpting skills are Premier League and Oleg can surely branch out a bit in terms of varying figure poses and sense of movement..?

Gary
    Oda and Babelfish like this.
  6. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Not mad about the pose either, but when you look at his latest knight he has just done it is superb and very well posed.

Cheers David
  7. Scott Sheltz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very dynamic, great looking kit!
  8. blackpen Active Member

Germany
    Wow, that's really impressive!
  9. Ryan_bg Well-Known Member

Bulgaria
  10. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Great work, very beautiful sculpt and paint ! Thank for the news ;) :love: