1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

NEW RELEASE From "Special Ops Models"

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Special Ops Models, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Special Ops Models Active Member

United-States
    Ong,
    Yes I have to update the web-site,
    A friend of mine that did the site. He as bin real busy, so the easiest thing is just e-mail me.
    If your interested in the 1/32 Carrier Tow Tractor let me know.
    I also have a new kit coming out very soon, it is a 1/32 Carrier Fire Tractor too.

If you want the 1/9 Special Forces Sniper Bust, just e-mail me.

Cheers,

Andy
    spectre29202@yahoo.com
  2. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    I just received in today’s mail the new bust from Spec Ops Models. What a beauty this kit is, I would nominate it for “Kit of the Year”!! The .50 cal. Barrett Rifle is a thing of beauty and that fluted metal barrel is awesome! All the casting is very clean. All the small parts are just outstanding. The decals give you a good choice on the type of uniform that you wish to paint. Don’t pass up the chance to order this guy if you like modern US Army figures!
  3. renarts Active Member

United-States
    Started working on this kit and man its a dream. The pieces are nicely molded with sharp, crisp detail and minimal clean up. The molds have been excellently engineered and thought out to make it a nice piece to build and work on. The resin is sturdy enough to hold up some paper thin detail, flexes just enough to make it easy to remove casting blocks from detail parts like the bipod and chest accsy's. The addition of detail equipment makes this a kit more than a bust in my opinion and is a nice addition to this bust. The two head option (clean shaven and a gone native) make it a crime to have only one bust. Excellent sculpting on these and nice to have the option. One of the things I noticed about this kit is that unlike many kits where there is a great deal of gnashing of teeth, crying and rending of clothes to get things like hands, arms etc to line up with weapons and correctly hold the weapon without it floating in the hands or awkward positioning of the anatomy to make it work, something that has caused me more than once to consider finding a clock tower someplace, the arms are "keyed" into place and fit seamlessly. No fuss, no muss and will allow you to paint under the arms, paint the arms and attach them and still have the rifle almost snap into position and still look like it weighs something.
    The addition of the 9/32 brass rod for mounting this is a nice touch, but I have access to spent .50 shells and will be using one to more fittingly mount this to its base.
    All in all a great fig in the market and one that has pulled me away from my usual medieval subjects. Nice job Andy and Alan.
  4. Special Ops Models Active Member

United-States
    Thank you Renart for the Review.
    Glad you like the Bust, the .50 shell will look great with the figure.
    For you to do a Modern subject - that means a lot.
    I can always make you a medieval knight with the Barrett .50cal.......LOL

Cheers,

Andy
  5. Special Ops Models Active Member

United-States
    Hi All,
    I still have a few kits if anyone wants one...
    They have bin selling very fast, so get them while you can..
    Cheers,

Andy
  6. ranchhand Active Member

United-States
    Very nice!
    I am interested in getting one. Never painted anything that big before but I am willing to try ;)
  7. Special Ops Models Active Member

United-States
    Thank you Ranchhand,
    Just email me and I can send you an Invoice for the SF sniper bust..
    I still have a few left.

Cheers,

Andy
  8. TonyT Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Not had a reply, Andy did you get my message?
  9. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    Great bust ,

am very Excited about the RM commando figure - you have a gaurunteed customer for that. - When you release the sniper as a full fig is there any chance of a low vis union flag being included in the decal sheet - with absolutely no changes your barrett operator could also be a member of UKSF - Cheers

all the best

Chris
  10. Special Ops Models Active Member

United-States
    Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the remarks on the SF sniper.
    Like your idea of the Union Jack flag for the UKSF - Both the US Special Forces and UKSF do wear a lot of the some equipment & use the some weapons too.
    What I can do is when I make the decals for the Royal Marine is make extra Decals for the full figure Special Forces Sniper.
    This way if anybody buys the full Special Forces Sniper I can also include that Decal sheet in the kit for more options.

Cheers,

Andy
    Chris K likes this.
  11. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Really excellent!
    If I had any time to paint, this is one I'd do!
    Pete
  12. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom

Thanks Andy will be in touch very shortly after pay day !! - thanks for considering the idea best regards chris
  13. Special Ops Models Active Member

United-States
    Not a problem Chris,
    I always like ideas from other modelers..
    When your ready to get the kit - drop me an email...

Cheers,

Andy
  14. Special Ops Models Active Member

United-States
    Hi Diamond Cutter,
    Thank you - Glad you like the figure.
    I know how you feel about finding time to paint...:lol:
    When ever your ready to get the kit, just drop me an email.

Cheers,

Andy
  15. Argyll Member

Scotland
    Andy,
    The "Royal", are you planning an SA80 UGL ? or just the latest SA80A2 with RIS kit and ACOG's?
    The sniper is fantastic !!!
  16. Special Ops Models Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Calum,
    For the British Royal Marine he will have the SA80A2 with a few extra goodies for the gun.

[IMG]
  17. ranchhand Active Member

United-States
    Got my kit this week and started putting it together... It's superb!
    Sign me up for every bust you put out!!!! Seriously!

My buddy is donating a 50 cal shell to use as a mount for him ;)
  18. Special Ops Models Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Aaron,
    So glad you like the kit!! :)
    That's going to look very cool with the 50 cal. shell as the mount for the Bust..
    When your finished painting the Bust, post some photo's of it.
    Will keep you posted on the next release.

Cheers,

Andy
  19. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    really super sorry guys its an L85 A1 SA80A1 - now long obselete and replaced with the A2 rngineered by Heckler and koch - different cocking leaver ans rail mounts - posibility of UGL and different sights - some have gripods
  20. ranchhand Active Member

United-States
    Argyll likes this.