1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

New Release - Bavaria Chevaulegers Trooper Mounted Bust

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Ratty, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Cannonball A Fixture

Great looking sculpt and subject matter a bit different from the normal Napoleonics.
  2. Nap Moderator

England

I thought someone had done a version here but couldn't find it , my view was only a primed piece , can't comment ref casting though .

Some might think the sculpts "chunky"

Woukd be nice to see one painted

Nap
  3. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Craig Spencer of the Wombourne ASVC has completed this and it's first class and a real dynamic piece.
    Nap likes this.
  4. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Damn...….I just get up and you put this piece in my head again?....Show some pics...……..
    malc and Nap like this.
  5. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great sculpt with bags of detail but to my eyes it looks a little odd and rather unpleasant from some angles (especially the 3/4 front view: Pic 3). I wonder whether a bit more of the body would have helped.

I know many wouldn't consider it a bust, but it would be interesting to see the whole of the front of the horse with rearing legs, plus the rider's torso inc legs, saddle etc using the saddlecloth/shabraque as the cut off point: a sort of 3/4 figure.

I'm new here so please feedback gently :unsure:
  6. custer760 Well-Known Member

Hi Malc,I have this in my Grey Army and the Sculpt/Casting is superb.
    Regards
    Pete
    Nap, Ratty and malc like this.
  7. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Thanks Pete.
  8. Nap Moderator

England

Any chance of some pics of yours Pete ?

Nap
    malc likes this.
  9. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
  10. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Hi Malc
    As Pete said, I also have this in my grey army and Richard Bailey has done a brilliant job on it, it fits together well and looks really dynamic together with the horse head/neck which on it's own is almost classical in looks, castings are spot on by Yannis from Greece, I was thinking of converting it into something British but it's just too nice to change, it's a fair old chunk of resin too which I personally prefer, as for historically correct I wouldn't have a clue, I expect the usual suspects will find faults but who cares as it looks great, I would love to see more of the combination of half figure with horse head & neck in future new kits, I think it works really well
    Hope this helps you to make your mind up with regards to making the purchase
    Cheers
    Jim
    Nap, malc and Ratty like this.
  11. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Jim
    Thanks for the above, I have like all of Bonaparte s release and have every intention of by this one and one or two others this year.
    Jimbo and Nap like this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England

Thought you had it El Jimbo ....do I hear the sound of paintbrushes

Nap
  13. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Hi Malc
    you won't be disappointed by it, it's a cracker
    Jim
    malc likes this.
  14. Cannonball A Fixture

Just taken the plunge and ordered one of these. Looking forward to receiving it and putting some paint on it. Agree totally with Jimbo, would love to see some more of these busts with horse heads, particularly from some of the less well represented nations of the Napoleonic era.
    malc likes this.
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Having seen the amunt of resin on Jimbos piece , it's certainly a lot of benchtime

Look forward to seeing a painted version ...and lookng at the site a good price IMO

Happy benchtime

Nap
  16. Peter H. Daly Active Member

Was given one (and the hussar with drummer boy) just a few hours a go as a present.... it's (both are for that matter) massive and weighs a ton:wideyed:
    Great sculpt and very nicely cast with just some light mould lines to be removed. Hope to find time to start painting again soon:unsure:
  17. Nap Moderator

England

Whoa !!! .....lucky you Peter ..great present ..look forward to seeing you painting soon

Nap